Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Al Masry and El-Gaish play out a 0-0 draw
The match lacked goals and threatening chances, but was instead filled with tough challenges and yellow cards.
The Port Said-based team went into the match hoping to secure a third place finish and thus securing a CAF Confederations Cup spot.
A total of eight yellow cards were shown to the players on the field, split equally on both sides.
In an attempt to change the score line, both managers made substitutions, but none were successful.
After this draw, Al Masry remain in third place with 54 points, just two points away from Entag El-Harby and three points away from Smouha SC.
In the last fixture of the Egyptian Premier League, Hossam Hassan’s side will face already relegated side Ghazl El-Mahalla.