Mohamed Sanad’s Club Balonmano Naturhouse La Rioja beat Macedonian HC Metalrug to qualify to champions...
- Mohamed Sanad’s La Rioja qualify to play-offs in Champions League
- Ibrahim Nour El-Dein: I did not hesitate to rule this penalty
- Mansour: Zamalek won’t continue the league
- Late Ekramy heroics seal crucial win for Ahly over Maqassa
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
Ismaily recover from loss with win over Degla
Ismaily beat Wadi Degla 2-0 to close the gap to keep African football hopes alive.
A curling free kick from Hosni Abd-Rabo beat Essam El-Hadary to put the Darawish up just three minutes into the match.
Ismaily were looking to get back to winning ways after the team’s defeat to Al Ahly last week.
The match was balanced with both teams attempting to add another goal, but the score at the end of the first half remained 1-0.
The 42nd minute of the first half was the turning point of the match after Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary was sent off for punching Ismaily’s Islam Gamal.
The second half was similar to the first and carried the same tempo. In the final minutes of the second half, Wadi Degla’s players pushed forward in search for an equaliser. Instead, Ismaily’s Ibrahim Hassan scored the second from a counter attack.
With that win Ismaily are in 7th place with 50 points, just one point below Wadi Degla.