Algeria international Riyad Mahrez and Gabon striker Pierre-Emerick Aubameyang are among a...
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
- Meteb excluded from Al Ahly squad against Petrojet
- Cúper recruits 10 international players for qualifier against Ghana
- Sanad’s La Rioja defeat Metalurg Handball in EHF Champions League
Ismaily recover from loss with win over Degla
Ismaily beat Wadi Degla 2-0 to close the gap to keep African football hopes alive.
A curling free kick from Hosni Abd-Rabo beat Essam El-Hadary to put the Darawish up just three minutes into the match.
Ismaily were looking to get back to winning ways after the team’s defeat to Al Ahly last week.
The match was balanced with both teams attempting to add another goal, but the score at the end of the first half remained 1-0.
The 42nd minute of the first half was the turning point of the match after Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary was sent off for punching Ismaily’s Islam Gamal.
The second half was similar to the first and carried the same tempo. In the final minutes of the second half, Wadi Degla’s players pushed forward in search for an equaliser. Instead, Ismaily’s Ibrahim Hassan scored the second from a counter attack.
With that win Ismaily are in 7th place with 50 points, just one point below Wadi Degla.