AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Ismaily recover from loss with win over Degla
Ismaily beat Wadi Degla 2-0 to close the gap to keep African football hopes alive.
A curling free kick from Hosni Abd-Rabo beat Essam El-Hadary to put the Darawish up just three minutes into the match.
Ismaily were looking to get back to winning ways after the team’s defeat to Al Ahly last week.
The match was balanced with both teams attempting to add another goal, but the score at the end of the first half remained 1-0.
The 42nd minute of the first half was the turning point of the match after Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary was sent off for punching Ismaily’s Islam Gamal.
The second half was similar to the first and carried the same tempo. In the final minutes of the second half, Wadi Degla’s players pushed forward in search for an equaliser. Instead, Ismaily’s Ibrahim Hassan scored the second from a counter attack.
With that win Ismaily are in 7th place with 50 points, just one point below Wadi Degla.