Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Ismaily recover from loss with win over Degla
Ismaily beat Wadi Degla 2-0 to close the gap to keep African football hopes alive.
A curling free kick from Hosni Abd-Rabo beat Essam El-Hadary to put the Darawish up just three minutes into the match.
Ismaily were looking to get back to winning ways after the team’s defeat to Al Ahly last week.
The match was balanced with both teams attempting to add another goal, but the score at the end of the first half remained 1-0.
The 42nd minute of the first half was the turning point of the match after Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary was sent off for punching Ismaily’s Islam Gamal.
The second half was similar to the first and carried the same tempo. In the final minutes of the second half, Wadi Degla’s players pushed forward in search for an equaliser. Instead, Ismaily’s Ibrahim Hassan scored the second from a counter attack.
With that win Ismaily are in 7th place with 50 points, just one point below Wadi Degla.