Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
Ismaily recover from loss with win over Degla
Ismaily beat Wadi Degla 2-0 to close the gap to keep African football hopes alive.
A curling free kick from Hosni Abd-Rabo beat Essam El-Hadary to put the Darawish up just three minutes into the match.
Ismaily were looking to get back to winning ways after the team’s defeat to Al Ahly last week.
The match was balanced with both teams attempting to add another goal, but the score at the end of the first half remained 1-0.
The 42nd minute of the first half was the turning point of the match after Wadi Degla goalkeeper Essam El-Hadary was sent off for punching Ismaily’s Islam Gamal.
The second half was similar to the first and carried the same tempo. In the final minutes of the second half, Wadi Degla’s players pushed forward in search for an equaliser. Instead, Ismaily’s Ibrahim Hassan scored the second from a counter attack.
With that win Ismaily are in 7th place with 50 points, just one point below Wadi Degla.