Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
John Toshack aims progress with Wydad in Champions League
Wydad Casablanca manager John Toshack has said that the Moroccan side are still at the beginning of their African campaign and have to take their upcoming fixture against Al Ahly in CAF Champions League with utmost seriousness.
Wydad managed to clinch six points out of their two games against ASEC Mimosas and Zesco United in group A so far, while the Red Devils had a sloppy start to their campaign, losing their first two matches and failing to get any point.
Despite their remarkable start, the Welsh manager insisted that the the red&whites won’t allow arrogance slip into their mind.
Toschack also said that his side eye going forward in the CAF Champions League with determination and ambition which would help them go far in the tournament, per the club’s official website.
Wydad captain Brahim Nakach has previously stated they expect a tough game against Al Ahly, explaining that they aim to seal a victory in Egypt.