Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
Volleyball: Egypt lose to determined Netherlands
The Egyptian national volleyball team lost 3-1 against the Netherlands in the 2016 FIVB World League on Friday, in Seoul, Korea.
Egypt coach Sherif El-Shemrely was quoted as saying, “Due to the time difference we could not sleep well. Today we committed many errors, except in the second set. Today is over, with the team meeting tonight we will prepare tomorrow.”
Team captain Ashraf Aboul-Hassan reflected, “We suffered from the time difference but tomorrow we have to recover and will give a good game.”
Netherlands started the match strong, winning the first set by a score 25-19, before the Pharaohs won the second set with 25-21. The Dutch powered through, however, and won the next two sets 25-18 and 25-16 to seal the win.
Ahmed Kotb was once again the top scorer of the Egyptian national team after scoring 22 points, which was the second-best total in the match after Netherlands player Wouter Ter Maat, who scored 25 points.
Egypt are now in fifth place in Group 2, while their opponents sit two places above in the rankings.