Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Volleyball: Egypt lose to determined Netherlands
The Egyptian national volleyball team lost 3-1 against the Netherlands in the 2016 FIVB World League on Friday, in Seoul, Korea.
Egypt coach Sherif El-Shemrely was quoted as saying, “Due to the time difference we could not sleep well. Today we committed many errors, except in the second set. Today is over, with the team meeting tonight we will prepare tomorrow.”
Team captain Ashraf Aboul-Hassan reflected, “We suffered from the time difference but tomorrow we have to recover and will give a good game.”
Netherlands started the match strong, winning the first set by a score 25-19, before the Pharaohs won the second set with 25-21. The Dutch powered through, however, and won the next two sets 25-18 and 25-16 to seal the win.
Ahmed Kotb was once again the top scorer of the Egyptian national team after scoring 22 points, which was the second-best total in the match after Netherlands player Wouter Ter Maat, who scored 25 points.
Egypt are now in fifth place in Group 2, while their opponents sit two places above in the rankings.