Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Volleyball: Egypt lose to determined Netherlands
The Egyptian national volleyball team lost 3-1 against the Netherlands in the 2016 FIVB World League on Friday, in Seoul, Korea.
Egypt coach Sherif El-Shemrely was quoted as saying, “Due to the time difference we could not sleep well. Today we committed many errors, except in the second set. Today is over, with the team meeting tonight we will prepare tomorrow.”
Team captain Ashraf Aboul-Hassan reflected, “We suffered from the time difference but tomorrow we have to recover and will give a good game.”
Netherlands started the match strong, winning the first set by a score 25-19, before the Pharaohs won the second set with 25-21. The Dutch powered through, however, and won the next two sets 25-18 and 25-16 to seal the win.
Ahmed Kotb was once again the top scorer of the Egyptian national team after scoring 22 points, which was the second-best total in the match after Netherlands player Wouter Ter Maat, who scored 25 points.
Egypt are now in fifth place in Group 2, while their opponents sit two places above in the rankings.