Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
Volleyball: Egypt lose to determined Netherlands
The Egyptian national volleyball team lost 3-1 against the Netherlands in the 2016 FIVB World League on Friday, in Seoul, Korea.
Egypt coach Sherif El-Shemrely was quoted as saying, “Due to the time difference we could not sleep well. Today we committed many errors, except in the second set. Today is over, with the team meeting tonight we will prepare tomorrow.”
Team captain Ashraf Aboul-Hassan reflected, “We suffered from the time difference but tomorrow we have to recover and will give a good game.”
Netherlands started the match strong, winning the first set by a score 25-19, before the Pharaohs won the second set with 25-21. The Dutch powered through, however, and won the next two sets 25-18 and 25-16 to seal the win.
Ahmed Kotb was once again the top scorer of the Egyptian national team after scoring 22 points, which was the second-best total in the match after Netherlands player Wouter Ter Maat, who scored 25 points.
Egypt are now in fifth place in Group 2, while their opponents sit two places above in the rankings.