Ghana forward Andre Ayew has revealed that the Black Stars will use...
- Ghana to use Egypt game as rehearsal for quarterfinals, says Andre Ayew
- Elneny: I want to become an Arsenal legend
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly sign Kilmarnock striker Souleymane Coulibaly
- OFFICIAL: Abdel-Shafy misses Ghana match in AFCON
- Asamoah Gyan seeking revenge against Egypt
- Algeria coach Georges Leekens resigns after AFCON elimination
- AFCON Roundup: Tunisia reach quarter finals, Algeria eliminated
- Cúper: I am totally convinced with Elneny
- EXCLUSIVE | Al Ahly looking to hijack Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
Ittihad of Alexandria hold Al Ahly to draw
Champions Al Ahly drew with Ittihad of Alexandria 1-1 at Borg El-Arab Staduim to move 8 points clear of second-placed Zamalek.
Al Ahly XI: Ahmed Adel; Mohamed Hany, Ahmed Hegazy, Saad Samir, Sabry Rahil; Momen Zakaria, Amr El-Sulaya, Hossam Ghaly, Ahmed El-Sheikh; Emad Meteb, John Antwi
Ittihad XI: El-Hany Soliman; Abd El-Rahman Farouk, Amr Nabil, Mohamed Bazoka, Hisham Shehata; Ashour El-Adham, Mohamed Adel, Mahmoud Kabonga, Hani Said, Mohamed Abdel-Maguid; Youssef Obama
Al Ahly began the game dominating the possession, but couldn’t convert the possession into any clear-cut chances.
In the 21st minute, Momen Zakaria threatened El-Hany Soliman with a shot from outside the box, but the goalkeeper dealt well with the ball.
Emad Meteb opened the scoring in the 33rd minute, when he converted Mohamed Hany’s cross into the net to score his 4th goal this season.
Three minutes later, Meteb came close to double Al-Ahly’s lead but his header went straight at the goalkeeper.
Two minutes into the second half, Youssef Obama wasted a chance to score the equaliser after he tried to lob Ahmed Adel, but the latter saved the ball easily.
In the 54th minute, Emad Meteb wasted an easy chance to score his second goal of the game after he failed to convert Ahmed El-Shikeh’s low cross.
Ghanaian striker John Antwi was close to add Al Ahly’s second goal but his header went wide.
Al Ahly were decreased to 10 men when Saad Samir received his second yellow card after he handballed the ball in the 67th minute.
Ittihad of Alexandria controlled the game afterwards but couldn’t score the equaliser until the 79th minute when Ahmed El-Alfy scored from a superb half-volley after a great pass from Obama.
Walid Soliman tried to score the winning goal in the last minute of the game but his free kick hit the wall to end the game 1-1.
With this win, The Red Devils are now on top of the league with 75 points, 8 points clear of second-placed Zamalek, although the Whites have a game in hand against on Smouha on July 5.