KingFut continues to round up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup...
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
Jol discusses Ekramy’s situation
Ekramy was excluded from the Red Devils’ last match against Ittihad of Alexandria which ended in a draw. Jol assured that a decision hasn’t been made yet regarding the goalkeeper’s presence for the last game in the league against Zamalek.
“Ekramy is facing a lot of pressure right now and that’s not good for the team, I think that in the coming period Ahmed Adel should be given a chance,” Jol explained to Al Hayah 2 TV channel.
“We think about each match separately, therefore, we can not talk about whether Ekramy will participate in the match against Zamalek. There is still time to make a decision.”
Jol also spoke about the team’s game against Ittihad saying that there wasn’t much to achieve in this game since Al Ahly won the league already. He added that the team lost valuable players during the month of Ramadan.
“The fans should always know that. Al Ahly is strong and will stay strong. A few days ago I won the league and I was Egypt’s Pharaoh, then I had to go and meet my family, there are always ups and downs,” he added.