Enugu Rangers chief executive Christian Chukwu admitted they respect their CAF Champions...
- We are not afraid of Zamalek, says Enugu Rangers chief
- Pioli answers: Will Salah be key man for Roma against Inter?
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
VIDEO: Smouha hold Zamalek in Alexandria
Smouha scored a late equaliser to deny Zamalek the three points at the Alexandria Stadium, in their Egyptian Premier League encounter on Monday night.
The hosts came flying out of the gates in the first period, forcing Zamalek goalkeeper Ahmed El-Shennawy into numerous saves before the half-time whistle.
Nevertheless, the Whites held firm to go into the break at 0-0.
The roles were reversed in the second interval, as Mohamed Helmy’s men pushed Smouha hard in their search for an opener.
The deadlock was finally broken by the visitors on the hour mark, when Mohamed Ibrahim showed strength and balance to fend off a couple of challenges in midfield before expertly setting up Bassem Morsi.
The 2014/15 league champions missed more chances to score, as Smouha began to buckle under the pressure.
El-Shennawy was tested yet again on more than one occasion, with the home side relying on counterattacks, but was equal to the efforts thrown at him.
Nevertheless, defender Mohamed Ezzat ruined Zamalek’s clean sheet in the 88th minute, rising to head home from a cross.
Second-placed Zamalek remain seven points behind league champions Al Ahly, while Smouha sit in sixth place in the overall standings. The latter side can still finish in third place – and guarantee CAF Confederation Cup participation – with a win against Tala’a El-Gaish on Friday.