Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Alex Iwobi will not play for Nigeria in Rio Olympics
The Arsenal winger was included in the provisional 35-man squad announced on June 24 by the U-23 coach Samson Siasia.
Siasia expressed his frustration at Iwobi’s unavailability, saying that the player and his father failed to keep their promise, as they previously committed that Iwobi would represent the Nigerian team at the Summer Games.
“Alex Iwobi is not coming. I tried to call his father, but he wasn’t picking my calls. He used to call me frequently when he wanted his son to play for the country, but now that we need his son for the Olympics football tournament, he is not picking my calls,” said Siasia.
“But there is no problem, Alex remains my boy, I love him like my own son, but I am just disappointed that he and his father couldn’t keep the promises they made to me.”
It is the second loss for the Nigerians, after Kelechi Iheanach was reportedly forced to stay at Manchester City for the pre-season preparations.