The Confederation of African Football’s secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigned from...
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
- CAF names referees for Al Masry Confederation Cup playoff match
- Mortada announces Mohamed Helmy’s departure
- Angola appoint Flávio as assistant manager
- SQUASH: Potential all Egyptian men’s final awaits ahead of semi-finals
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
Ghaly: We want to prove that we’re the better side
Al Ahly captain Hossam Ghaly has stressed that the team is fully concentrated and determined ahead of the Cairo Derby match against Zamalek.
Al Ahly is set to face Zamalek on July 9 in Army Stadium in Suez, as decided by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA).
The Reds captain Hossam Ghaly has made some comments ahead of the derby.
Ghaly has made it clear that all players are fully concentrated and determined ahead of Zamalek clash.
“Winning the derby is considered a championship on it’s own. We are ready to face anyone and all members of the squad are fully concentrated and determined to win the game. We want to win, in order to prove to everyone that we deserved to win the league,” he said.
He pointed out that Martin Jol and the coaching staff have met with the players in order to motivate them before the game.
“Martin Jol made sure to meet with the players in order to motivate them to play a match that suits the Club history and achievements,” he continued.
The midfielder stressed that Al Ahly players have experience, which will help them against their arch rivals Zamalek.
“Our players have enough experience. We want to win the game to prove that we’re the better side. Also to help our fans forget about our previous losses in the CAF champions league against Zesco United and ASEC Mimosas,” he said.
The 34-year-old also stated that this match is extremely important, as it will prepare the team for Wydad’s clash in the CAF champions league.