Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Karim Hafez confirms talks with AEK Athens
Hafez has talked to Greek newspaper “Sportday” and confirmed the interest from AEK in him. The left back said he was close to a transfer last season to Athens, but negotiations broke down before reaching an agreement according to the player.
“Yes, it’s true that there are talks with AEK and it’s a possibility that a transfer may take place.” Hafez has told Sportday.
The 19-year-old was loaned to Omonia Nicosia from Lierse last season; he appeared 29 times for the Cypriot club, scored two goals and provided two assists. His impressive stint on loan in Cyprus has caused AEK to rekindle their interest in the youngster who has just one national team appearance under his belt.
The Greek club will try convince Lierse chairman, Maged Samy, and directors after failing to strike a deal last summer for the player who preferred not to stay at Omonia for another year.
It’s worth noting that Hafez has been linked with Cairo giants Al Ahly as well as Stade Rennais before the trial with the French side broke down.