Al-Ahli Tripoli qualified to the 2017 CAF Champions League round of 32 after...
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
- Ahmed Hassan ‘Koka’ excluded from squad as Benfica down Braga
- VIDEO: Warda assists twice in PAOK 4-0 win over Veria
- Mohamed Salah scores in Roma’s 4-1 win against Torino
- VIDEO: Keeper Busca’s heroics help Al Masry advance in Confederation Cup
- VIDEO: Al Ahly return to winning ways after beating Arab Contractors
- Zamalek to face Nigeria’s Enugu Rangers in CAF Champions League
- Former Al Ahly manager Garrido sacked by Al-Ettifaq
- VIDEO: Smouha edge Maqassa in seven-goal thriller
Karim Hafez confirms talks with AEK Athens
Hafez has talked to Greek newspaper “Sportday” and confirmed the interest from AEK in him. The left back said he was close to a transfer last season to Athens, but negotiations broke down before reaching an agreement according to the player.
“Yes, it’s true that there are talks with AEK and it’s a possibility that a transfer may take place.” Hafez has told Sportday.
The 19-year-old was loaned to Omonia Nicosia from Lierse last season; he appeared 29 times for the Cypriot club, scored two goals and provided two assists. His impressive stint on loan in Cyprus has caused AEK to rekindle their interest in the youngster who has just one national team appearance under his belt.
The Greek club will try convince Lierse chairman, Maged Samy, and directors after failing to strike a deal last summer for the player who preferred not to stay at Omonia for another year.
It’s worth noting that Hafez has been linked with Cairo giants Al Ahly as well as Stade Rennais before the trial with the French side broke down.