Former Zamalek coach, Momen Soliman, showed his dissatisfaction towards describing the 2016 CAF Champions...
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
- Ismaily threatens to forfeit the league
- Elmohamady’s Hull slump to disappointing loss against Middlesbrough
- Manuel Jose: Shikabala’s mentality wasted his talent
- Four Egyptians to play in FA Cup Third Round
Karim Hafez confirms talks with AEK Athens
Hafez has talked to Greek newspaper “Sportday” and confirmed the interest from AEK in him. The left back said he was close to a transfer last season to Athens, but negotiations broke down before reaching an agreement according to the player.
“Yes, it’s true that there are talks with AEK and it’s a possibility that a transfer may take place.” Hafez has told Sportday.
The 19-year-old was loaned to Omonia Nicosia from Lierse last season; he appeared 29 times for the Cypriot club, scored two goals and provided two assists. His impressive stint on loan in Cyprus has caused AEK to rekindle their interest in the youngster who has just one national team appearance under his belt.
The Greek club will try convince Lierse chairman, Maged Samy, and directors after failing to strike a deal last summer for the player who preferred not to stay at Omonia for another year.
It’s worth noting that Hafez has been linked with Cairo giants Al Ahly as well as Stade Rennais before the trial with the French side broke down.