KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Karim Hafez confirms talks with AEK Athens
Hafez has talked to Greek newspaper “Sportday” and confirmed the interest from AEK in him. The left back said he was close to a transfer last season to Athens, but negotiations broke down before reaching an agreement according to the player.
“Yes, it’s true that there are talks with AEK and it’s a possibility that a transfer may take place.” Hafez has told Sportday.
The 19-year-old was loaned to Omonia Nicosia from Lierse last season; he appeared 29 times for the Cypriot club, scored two goals and provided two assists. His impressive stint on loan in Cyprus has caused AEK to rekindle their interest in the youngster who has just one national team appearance under his belt.
The Greek club will try convince Lierse chairman, Maged Samy, and directors after failing to strike a deal last summer for the player who preferred not to stay at Omonia for another year.
It’s worth noting that Hafez has been linked with Cairo giants Al Ahly as well as Stade Rennais before the trial with the French side broke down.