Egypt’s Aly Ghazal has finalised terms with Chinese Super League club Guizhou...
- EXCLUSIVE | Aly Ghazal completes move to China’s Guizhou Zhicheng
- EXCLUSIVE | Mali’s Mamoutou N’Diaye: We dominated against Egypt
- Grant: Egypt knows how to play good football
- Kimoko Sissoko joins Ittihad of Alexandria
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
Karim Hafez confirms talks with AEK Athens
Hafez has talked to Greek newspaper “Sportday” and confirmed the interest from AEK in him. The left back said he was close to a transfer last season to Athens, but negotiations broke down before reaching an agreement according to the player.
“Yes, it’s true that there are talks with AEK and it’s a possibility that a transfer may take place.” Hafez has told Sportday.
The 19-year-old was loaned to Omonia Nicosia from Lierse last season; he appeared 29 times for the Cypriot club, scored two goals and provided two assists. His impressive stint on loan in Cyprus has caused AEK to rekindle their interest in the youngster who has just one national team appearance under his belt.
The Greek club will try convince Lierse chairman, Maged Samy, and directors after failing to strike a deal last summer for the player who preferred not to stay at Omonia for another year.
It’s worth noting that Hafez has been linked with Cairo giants Al Ahly as well as Stade Rennais before the trial with the French side broke down.