Ghana Football Association’s technical director Francis Oti Akenteng has spoken about their...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Hossam Hassan handed three-match ban
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a three-game ban by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) following his behaviour after his side’s final match of the season.
Following the final whistle in Al Masry’s 2-2 draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla, a fight broke out between the two teams as Hassan was caught on video chasing one of the photographers inside the pitch before punching him in the face.
Ghazal El Mahalla goalkeeper El-Ahmady Abdel-Fattah has also been suspended for two games for his unsporting behaviour after attacking one of Al Masry’s dressing room staff.
Al Masry released a statement on their official website, where they announced their full support to Hassan despite losing the third place to Smouha in the last game of the season.
“Al Masry would like to thank the club’s manager Hossam Hassan and show their appreciation to the whole staff for their efforts throughout the whole season,” the official statement read.
The Port Said-based club stressed their support for Hassan during the upcoming period, hoping he’d be able to achieve the aspirations of the Al Masry fans.