Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
Hossam Hassan handed three-match ban
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a three-game ban by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) following his behaviour after his side’s final match of the season.
Following the final whistle in Al Masry’s 2-2 draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla, a fight broke out between the two teams as Hassan was caught on video chasing one of the photographers inside the pitch before punching him in the face.
The EFA’s competitions committee handed Egypt’s legendary striker a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behaviour.
Ghazal El Mahalla goalkeeper El-Ahmady Abdel-Fattah has also been suspended for two games for his unsporting behaviour after attacking one of Al Masry’s dressing room staff.
Al Masry released a statement on their official website, where they announced their full support to Hassan despite losing the third place to Smouha in the last game of the season.
“Al Masry would like to thank the club’s manager Hossam Hassan and show their appreciation to the whole staff for their efforts throughout the whole season,” the official statement read.
The Port Said-based club stressed their support for Hassan during the upcoming period, hoping he’d be able to achieve the aspirations of the Al Masry fans.