Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Hossam Hassan handed three-match ban
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a three-game ban by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) following his behaviour after his side’s final match of the season.
Following the final whistle in Al Masry’s 2-2 draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla, a fight broke out between the two teams as Hassan was caught on video chasing one of the photographers inside the pitch before punching him in the face.
Ghazal El Mahalla goalkeeper El-Ahmady Abdel-Fattah has also been suspended for two games for his unsporting behaviour after attacking one of Al Masry’s dressing room staff.
Al Masry released a statement on their official website, where they announced their full support to Hassan despite losing the third place to Smouha in the last game of the season.
“Al Masry would like to thank the club’s manager Hossam Hassan and show their appreciation to the whole staff for their efforts throughout the whole season,” the official statement read.
The Port Said-based club stressed their support for Hassan during the upcoming period, hoping he’d be able to achieve the aspirations of the Al Masry fans.