Egypt international Amr Warda featured in Panetolikos’ 1-0 loss to Atromitos in the group stage...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
Hossam Hassan handed three-match ban
Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been handed a three-game ban by the Egyptian Football Association (EFA) following his behaviour after his side’s final match of the season.
Following the final whistle in Al Masry’s 2-2 draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla, a fight broke out between the two teams as Hassan was caught on video chasing one of the photographers inside the pitch before punching him in the face.
The EFA’s competitions committee handed Egypt’s legendary striker a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behaviour.
Ghazal El Mahalla goalkeeper El-Ahmady Abdel-Fattah has also been suspended for two games for his unsporting behaviour after attacking one of Al Masry’s dressing room staff.
Al Masry released a statement on their official website, where they announced their full support to Hassan despite losing the third place to Smouha in the last game of the season.
“Al Masry would like to thank the club’s manager Hossam Hassan and show their appreciation to the whole staff for their efforts throughout the whole season,” the official statement read.
The Port Said-based club stressed their support for Hassan during the upcoming period, hoping he’d be able to achieve the aspirations of the Al Masry fans.