The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Hussein: Fans’ return almost impossible
Clashes broke out between Al Masry and Ghazl El-Mahalla players and staff following the draw that prevented the Port Said club from automatic qualification to the 2017 CAF Confederations Cup.
“I’m against the fans return to the stadium in the league as things stand; it is impossible and it means bringing Egyptian football to another stop,” Amer Hussein said to TV channel ONTV.
“We see angry comments, clashes and fights following every game and no team can accept a loss; what would happen if spectators were present in the stadiums?” he continued.
“The current anti-hooliganism laws are enough but it isn’t up to [the Egyptian Football Association] to enforce them. We have seen what happened in the Ahly-ASEC match in the presence of the fans,” Hussein concluded.