After two successive defeats in the league, Zamalek returned to winning ways...
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
- AS Roma star Mohamed Salah: I’m happy to be back
- Talaat Youssef leads Al-Ahli Tripoli to CAF Champions League round of 32
- Egypt opponents Mali announce U-20 AFCON squad
Smouha sign Banou Diawara from Algerian JS Kabylie
Smouha have completed the signing of Burkinabe international striker Banou Diawara from Algerian club JS Kabylie Jeunesse Sportive de Kabylie, the Alexandrian club announced.
Diawara, who had one year remaining on his contract with the Algerian side, has penned a four-year deal at Smouha, the Alexandria-based club announced.
The Burkinabe international joined JS Kabylie last July, where he managed to score 11 goals to finish the season as the third top scorer of 2015/2016 Algerian Ligue 1, two goals away from top scorer Mohamed Zubya of MC Oran.
Diawara also finished as the top scorer of the Burkinabe Premier League with his former side Racing Club de Bobo Dioulasso in two successive occasions, during the 2013/14 and 2014/15 seasons.
The 24-year-old striker has been reportedly linked with several African clubs including TP Mazembe, Esperance Sportive de Tunis, Al Ahly and Zamalek. He represented Burkina Faso on two occasions making his debut in May 2015.
Diawara becomes the third striker to join Smouha for the next season, after they had secured the services of Ahmed Gaafar from Petrojet and Ahmed Raouf from Al Masry, who will all join Hossam Salama “Paulo” who finished as the Egyptian Premier League’s top scorer in the past two seasons.
Smouha have sealed an automatic qualification to the CAF Confederation Cup after beating Tala’a El-Gaish on Friday to finish third in the 2015/16 campaign on 55 points.