Egypt beat Uganda in the second round of Group D, however, they...
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
Al Ahly, Setif fined by CAF
Al Ahly was fined an amount of 5,000 USD for the fans behavior of lighting flares in their home loss to ASEC Mimosas in their second group stage match.
ES Setif, a member of Zamalek SC’s group, was punished for various offenses dating back to their encounter with Al Merreikh, in which the lighting of flares by their fans cost the club 5,000 USD.
The Algerian club was fined another 45,000 USD due to their fans behavior in their match versus Mamelodi Sundowns, in which the referee ended the match early due to riots. CAF later eliminated Setif from the CAF Champions League.
Setif is also forced to play two games behind closed doors.