Braga suffered a 3-2 defeat in a thrilling game against third-placed Sporting...
- Dost nets hat-trick in Sporting’s 3-2 win over Braga
- VIDEO: Al Ahly’s winning streak ends with draw against Entag
- Elneny left out of Arsenal’s squad as Gunners lose to Tottenham
- VIDEO: Warda scores in PAOK’s 5-1 win against Kerkyra
- Salah features as Roma lose Derby della Capitale
- EFA fines Inacio and Mido
- Inacio: I am eager to win titles with Zamalek
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Elmo plays, Sobhi watches as both Stoke and Hull have goalless draws
- Sam Morsy’s Wigan relegated after defeat to Reading
- FEATURE: Why is Egyptian Women’s Volleyball so much more successful than football?
Martin Jol: We’re planning a farewell party for Ramadan Sobhi
The former Tottenham and Ajax manager confirmed that Ramadan Sobhi is departing for Europe, wishing him all the best ahead of his move to Stoke City.
Negotiations began almost three months ago when Stoke first expressed their interest in the Egyptian star, but Al Ahly boss Jol was reluctant to let “one of the best players and young talents” he’s ever seen in “England, Germany, Holland and Spain” leave for ‘peanuts’.
With Stoke City improving their initial bid to a fee in the region of €6.5 million, Sobhi is now on the verge of securing his move, which Martin Jol confirmed following Al Ahly’s match with Cairo rivals Zamalek on Saturday night.
“I was very happy that Ramadan [Sobhi] was with us today, but he couldn’t start,” the Ahly manager told ONtv.
“If he goes, he did it in a good way, and that’s better than doing it in a bad way,” the Dutch manager added.
Jol then confirmed the club are preparing to bid farewell to the player in the post-match press conference ahead of his proposed move to Stoke City.
“I am very proud of Ramadan Sobhi, he insisted on playing today,” said Jol, before adding: “We’re preparing a farewell party for him soon.”
“Ramadan didn’t start the game due to his injury, as the player was not 100% fit to play against Zamalek,” he concluded.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 9, 2016