Côte d’Ivoire international Gervinho is set to miss the 2017 CAF Africa Cup...
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
Panathinaikos sign Mubarak Wakaso from Rubin Kazan
Ghanaian international Wakaso Mubarak has completed his transfer to Panathinaikos, joining from Russian club Rubin Kazan.
Panathinaikos have announced that Wakaso arrived in the Greek capital Athens before signing a three-year deal with the club after completing his medical.
The 26 year old winger spent the last season at Las Palmas on loan from Rubin Kazan, scoring one goal in 22 appearances with La Liga side.
Wakaso has spent the majority of his career in Spain, signed by Elche CF from his native club Ashanti Gold in 2008. He spent three season in the Valencian club before signing with Villarreal in January 2011.
Wakaso made few appearances with Villarreal B in the Segunda Division before making his debut with the first team in La Liga one month later. Wakaso stayed for one more season with the Yellow Submarines.
Following Villarreal’s relegation at the end of 2011/2012 season, Wakaso signed for RCD Espanyol, where he played one season with the Catalan club scoring three goals in 26 games. He then joined Rubin Kazan in 2013.
Spending only one season at Russia, the Ghanaian winger was then loaned to Celtic the following season before his last spell with Las Palmas.
Wakaso has 41 caps for the Ghanian National Team, and he was a part of the Ghanaian Team that finished as runner-ups in the 2015 African Cup of Nations, losing the final to Ivory Coast.