Algerian side MO Bejaia are eyeing their first continental competition when they...
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
VIDEO: Young Pharaohs down Angola in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying
In the first leg of the final round of the U-20 AFCON qualifiers, the Youth Pharaohs secured a 1-0 home win against Angola.
Zamalek striker Mostafa Mohamed scored a delightful goal in the 56th minute of the game, sending his shot from outside of the box looping over the helpless Angolan goalkeeper.
His goal proved enough for the Pharaohs, who will travel to Angola on July 23rd for the return leg. The winner of this round will qualify for the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations, held in Zambia from February 26, 2017, to March 12, 2017.
In the previous round, Egypt defeated Rwanda 3-2 on penalties after their ties finished 1-1 on aggregate.
The top four teams in the AFCON will qualify for the 2017 U-20 Korea Republic World Cup.