Lierse football club announced on their website that the team’s midfielder Amr...
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
- Mali goalkeeper Diakite and midfielder Traoré injured before Egypt match
- Cuper: Expect more than 11 players participating in AFCON
- Mali coach: We have equal chances with Egypt and Ghana
- AFCON Roundup: Surprising results in Group C
- Sam Morsy commits future to Wigan until 2019
- Handball: Egypt beat Bahrain to edge closer to last 16
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
VIDEO: Young Pharaohs down Angola in U-20 Africa Cup of Nations qualifying
In the first leg of the final round of the U-20 AFCON qualifiers, the Youth Pharaohs secured a 1-0 home win against Angola.
Zamalek striker Mostafa Mohamed scored a delightful goal in the 56th minute of the game, sending his shot from outside of the box looping over the helpless Angolan goalkeeper.
His goal proved enough for the Pharaohs, who will travel to Angola on July 23rd for the return leg. The winner of this round will qualify for the 2017 U-20 African Cup of Nations, held in Zambia from February 26, 2017, to March 12, 2017.
In the previous round, Egypt defeated Rwanda 3-2 on penalties after their ties finished 1-1 on aggregate.
The top four teams in the AFCON will qualify for the 2017 U-20 Korea Republic World Cup.