Guinea-Bissau forward Abel Camara reflects on his team’s historic achievement of reaching...
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
- Uganda defender Wasswa: We’re not afraid of Egypt
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
Ramadan Sobhi Misses Wydad Match
Al Ahly’s young star, Ramadan Sobhi, will be missing his team’s game against Wydad Casablanca in the third round of the African Champions League.
Kingfut sources said that Sobhi won’t catch the game as he will be on his way to finish his expected move. The Red Devils’ Director of Football, Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, also assured that Sobhi is now finishing the remaining procedures with Stoke City for the player’s transfer.
As previously reported, Stoke City raised their bid for the 19-year-old in the region of €6.5 million (approximately 64 million Egyptian pounds).
“Ramadan Sobhi went to the British embassy on Sunday to finish his visa procedures, most probably he won’t be present for our match against Wydad,” Abdel-Hafiz said to ONTV Plus channel.
The former Al Ahly player and current technical team member assured that the offers for Sobhi and his team mate Malick Evouna, who his undergoing his medical tests to move to Chinese Super League club Tianjin Teda F.C., will not happen again, therefore, there is no problem in selling the two players and boosting the team’s squad with special transfers.
“Of course Al Ahly is a sports club and aims to win championships all the time, we’re not thinking about the investment side all the time but these offers have to be reviewed too.”
“Sobhi’s offer is different than Evouna’s, since his offer is from an English side and comes with amazing perks, in addition to the benefits that Sobhi will get at such a young age,” he concluded.