KingFut covers the live action as Zamalek attempt to mount a historic...
- LIVE: Zamalek vs Mamelodi Sundowns – 2016 CAF Champions League final
- Mosimane: We won’t be relaxed in the final
- Eric Otogo-Castane to referee Egypt-Ghana WC qualifier
- Men’s World Squash Championship draw released
- Hull Tigers Academy prospect Ahmed Salam bags hat-trick in U18 game
- Gaber’s FC Basel battle back to draw against Lugano
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
Ramadan Sobhi Misses Wydad Match
Al Ahly’s young star, Ramadan Sobhi, will be missing his team’s game against Wydad Casablanca in the third round of the African Champions League.
Kingfut sources said that Sobhi won’t catch the game as he will be on his way to finish his expected move. The Red Devils’ Director of Football, Sayed Abdel-Hafiz, also assured that Sobhi is now finishing the remaining procedures with Stoke City for the player’s transfer.
As previously reported, Stoke City raised their bid for the 19-year-old in the region of €6.5 million (approximately 64 million Egyptian pounds).
“Ramadan Sobhi went to the British embassy on Sunday to finish his visa procedures, most probably he won’t be present for our match against Wydad,” Abdel-Hafiz said to ONTV Plus channel.
The former Al Ahly player and current technical team member assured that the offers for Sobhi and his team mate Malick Evouna, who his undergoing his medical tests to move to Chinese Super League club Tianjin Teda F.C., will not happen again, therefore, there is no problem in selling the two players and boosting the team’s squad with special transfers.
“Of course Al Ahly is a sports club and aims to win championships all the time, we’re not thinking about the investment side all the time but these offers have to be reviewed too.”
“Sobhi’s offer is different than Evouna’s, since his offer is from an English side and comes with amazing perks, in addition to the benefits that Sobhi will get at such a young age,” he concluded.