Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
CAF impose hefty fine on Al Ahly
Al Ahly’s fans cost the club a 5,000 USD fine earlier this week for lighting flares in the stands during the same match.
The other violation was on CAF’s marketing rights as the match tickets printed had the logo of a competitor to one of CAF’s sponsors.
The CAF warned the Al Ahly from these errors, noting that a bigger fine will be imposed on the club if they are repeated.