The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
- Warda vows to fight for regular spot in Egypt squad
- CAF president Ahmad supports Morocco 2026 World Cup bid
Ekramy returns to Al Ahly squad against Hodood
Al Ahly manager Martin Jol has announced the club’s squad that will face Haras El-Hodood in the round of 16 of the Egypt Cup on Tuesday.
After being excluded from the team’s list in the last two league games against Ittihad of Alexandria and Zamalek for technical reasons, Sherif Ekramy returns to the squad for the first time since the CAF Champions League game against ASEC Mimosas.
Saleh Gomaa also returns to the squad after being disciplined by Martin Jol for missing the club’s training session following the match against Ittihad.
The club’s squad witnesses the exclusions of Ahmed Hegazy, Hossam Ashour and Walid Soliman for suspensions, as well as Malick Evouna, who has departed the country for a record-breaking transfer to China.
Al Ahly will also miss the services of Ramadan Sobhi, who is on the verge of completing his move to Stoke City.
Al Ahly squad:
Goalkeepers: Sherif Ekramy, Ahmed Adel Abdel-Moneim and Mosaad Awad.
Defenders: Rami Rabia, Saad Samir, Mohamed Naguib, Ahmed Fathi, Bassem Ali, Mohamed Hany, Sabry Rahil and Hussein El-Sayed.
Midfielders: Hossam Ghaly, Ahmed El-Sheikh, Amr El-Sulaya, Saleh Gomaa, Ahmed Hamdy and Momen Zakaria.
Forwards: Emad Meteb, John Antwi and Amr Gamal.
Al Ahly will face Haras El-Hodood in the round of 16 of the Egypt Cup at the Alexandria Stadium at 18:30 CLT.