Egypt international Sam Morsy scored as Wigan claimed a 2-1 victory over...
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
Egypt legend Hossam Hassan detained over Mahalla match brawl
Hassan was caught on video chasing down a man, who was later reported to be a policeman, inside the pitch before punching him in the face following his side’s 2-2 draw with relegated Ghazl El-Mahalla.
The police sergeant, who was not wearing an official uniform, is an interior ministry-affiliated photographer, according to local news reports.
The 49-year-old manager as well as assistant coach Hassan Mostafa underwent investigation by an Ismailia prosecution late Monday.
The legendary striker and the former Al Ahly and Zamalek midfielder face charges of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.
The Egyptian Football Association handed Hassan a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behavior after the game.