Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Egypt legend Hossam Hassan detained over Mahalla match brawl
Hassan was caught on video chasing down a man, who was later reported to be a policeman, inside the pitch before punching him in the face following his side’s 2-2 draw with relegated Ghazl El-Mahalla.
The police sergeant, who was not wearing an official uniform, is an interior ministry-affiliated photographer, according to local news reports.
The 49-year-old manager as well as assistant coach Hassan Mostafa underwent investigation by an Ismailia prosecution late Monday.
The legendary striker and the former Al Ahly and Zamalek midfielder face charges of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.
The Egyptian Football Association handed Hassan a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behavior after the game.