Zamalek goalkeeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rahim Gennesh expressed his happiness after first national team call-up...
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
Egypt legend Hossam Hassan detained over Mahalla match brawl
Hassan was caught on video chasing down a man, who was later reported to be a policeman, inside the pitch before punching him in the face following his side’s 2-2 draw with relegated Ghazl El-Mahalla.
The police sergeant, who was not wearing an official uniform, is an interior ministry-affiliated photographer, according to local news reports.
The 49-year-old manager as well as assistant coach Hassan Mostafa underwent investigation by an Ismailia prosecution late Monday.
The legendary striker and the former Al Ahly and Zamalek midfielder face charges of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.
The Egyptian Football Association handed Hassan a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behavior after the game.