Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim Kahraba scored a brace as Al-Ittihad beat Al-Ettifaq...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores brace as Ittihad thrash Ettifaq
- Wenger gives update on Elneny’s condition
- OFFICIAL: Gabon appoint Jose Camacho as new manager
- Mahmoud Fayez: Salah will be fit in time for AFCON
- SQUASH: Egyptian women take world’s top three spots for first time in history
- SQUASH: Egypt beat USA to reach WWTC semi-finals
- Ahmed Gafaar excluded from Zamalek’s squad against El-Dakhleya
- Salah out for three weeks with an ankle injury
- Wim De Coninck believes Trezeguet must return to Anderlecht
- Egypt features in list of referees for 2017 AFCON
Hossam Hassan transferred to Tora Prison
An Egyptian prosecutor ordered on Tuesday the detention of Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan for four days pending investigations into his actions following his team’s final match of the season.
Hassan was caught on video chasing down a man, who was later reported to be a policeman, inside the pitch before punching him in the face following his side’s 2-2 draw with relegated Ghazl El-Mahalla.
The police sergeant, who was not wearing an official uniform, is an interior ministry-affiliated photographer, according to local news reports.
Early on Wednesday, Egypt’s all-time leading scorer Hassan, as well as his assistants Hassan Mostafa and Walid Badr were transferred from Ismailia to Tora Prison in South Cairo for security reasons.
They was referred to urgent trial over charges of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.