Zamalek left-back Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh has officially signed a five-year contract extension with...
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
Hossam Hassan transferred to Tora Prison
An Egyptian prosecutor ordered on Tuesday the detention of Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan for four days pending investigations into his actions following his team’s final match of the season.
Hassan was caught on video chasing down a man, who was later reported to be a policeman, inside the pitch before punching him in the face following his side’s 2-2 draw with relegated Ghazl El-Mahalla.
The police sergeant, who was not wearing an official uniform, is an interior ministry-affiliated photographer, according to local news reports.
Early on Wednesday, Egypt’s all-time leading scorer Hassan, as well as his assistants Hassan Mostafa and Walid Badr were transferred from Ismailia to Tora Prison in South Cairo for security reasons.
They was referred to urgent trial over charges of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.
The Egyptian Football Association handed Hassan, who said that he regretted his actions, a three-game ban and an EGP 10,000 fine for his unsporting behavior after the game.