Zamalek were held to a goalless draw against Tanta in gameweek 26...
- Below-par Zamalek held to goalless draw by Tanta
- Al Masry miss chance to close gap on Zamalek with defeat against Ismaily
- Al Ahly set date for Zanaco Champions League encounter
- EXCLUSIVE | Ngoufonja to challenge Abou Rida in race to FIFA Council
- VIDEO: Elneny takes behind the goal shot challenge with ChrisMD
- PAOK to face AEK in Greek Cup final
- Five thousand allowed to attend Al Ahly’s CAFCL games
- Former Gabon international Moïse Brou Apanga dead at 35
- OFFICIAL: Hassan Shehata resigns as Petrojet manager
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad for Tanta
Mido: I’ll use my contacts to bring players to Lierse
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ who was recently appointed as Lierse’s technical advisor has talked about using his contacts to bring new players in.
Former Ajax, Gent and Tottenham striker Mido has talked to Belgium magazine “Sport/Voetball” about his new role as at Lierse and how he’ll try to bring new players in.
“I will not be concerned with coaching at all as this is the manager’s job, Eric Van Meir.” said Mido
“Maged Sami, Lierse chairman, has brought me here to apply a certain structure at the club; as I wasn’t just a manager at Zamalek, I was also head of the youth academy.”
Mido has talked about how he can contribute to the club saying: “I can set up certain partnerships that Lierse can benefit from through my extensive network and contacts,
“K.A.A Gent is such an example as I have kept a good relationship with Michel Louwagie, Gent’s technical director, who has taken good care of the club and are now doing great.”
He has ended his statements jokingly saying: “Maybe my transfer to Ajax has somewhat helped in that Gent revival.”