Mohamed Salah came in as a second half substitute but could not help...
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
- Sundowns manager Pitso Mosimane believes it’s not over yet
- Mohamed Zidan satisfied with 2017 AFCON Draw
- Osama Nabih: Ghana’s match is the most important in history of Egyptian football
Mido: I’ll use my contacts to bring players to Lierse
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ who was recently appointed as Lierse’s technical advisor has talked about using his contacts to bring new players in.
Former Ajax, Gent and Tottenham striker Mido has talked to Belgium magazine “Sport/Voetball” about his new role as at Lierse and how he’ll try to bring new players in.
“I will not be concerned with coaching at all as this is the manager’s job, Eric Van Meir.” said Mido
“Maged Sami, Lierse chairman, has brought me here to apply a certain structure at the club; as I wasn’t just a manager at Zamalek, I was also head of the youth academy.”
Mido has talked about how he can contribute to the club saying: “I can set up certain partnerships that Lierse can benefit from through my extensive network and contacts,
“K.A.A Gent is such an example as I have kept a good relationship with Michel Louwagie, Gent’s technical director, who has taken good care of the club and are now doing great.”
He has ended his statements jokingly saying: “Maybe my transfer to Ajax has somewhat helped in that Gent revival.”