Group A matches have finally come to the closure with surprising turn...
- Handball: Croatia eliminate Egypt from World Championship
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
Mido: I’ll use my contacts to bring players to Lierse
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ who was recently appointed as Lierse’s technical advisor has talked about using his contacts to bring new players in.
Former Ajax, Gent and Tottenham striker Mido has talked to Belgium magazine “Sport/Voetball” about his new role as at Lierse and how he’ll try to bring new players in.
“I will not be concerned with coaching at all as this is the manager’s job, Eric Van Meir.” said Mido
“Maged Sami, Lierse chairman, has brought me here to apply a certain structure at the club; as I wasn’t just a manager at Zamalek, I was also head of the youth academy.”
Mido has talked about how he can contribute to the club saying: “I can set up certain partnerships that Lierse can benefit from through my extensive network and contacts,
“K.A.A Gent is such an example as I have kept a good relationship with Michel Louwagie, Gent’s technical director, who has taken good care of the club and are now doing great.”
He has ended his statements jokingly saying: “Maybe my transfer to Ajax has somewhat helped in that Gent revival.”