Record eight-time champions Al Ahly will face South African outfit Bidvest Wits...
- Al Ahly to face South Africa’s Bidvest Wits in CAF Champions League
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores in Ittihad 2-0 win over Shabab
- Sundowns beat Mazembe to claim first CAF Super Cup title
- Dzeko speaks about partnership with Mohamed Salah
- Coulibaly excluded as Al Ahly announce squad for Contractors clash
- Elmo ready for Hull’s training camp in Portugal
- Tunisia to play two warm-up games for Egypt encounter
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Abdel-Shafy excluded, Morsy plays full 90
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek reach Egypt Cup round of 16
- Veteran Egyptian coach Hassan Shehata confirms South Africa talks
Mido: I’ll use my contacts to bring players to Lierse
Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ who was recently appointed as Lierse’s technical advisor has talked about using his contacts to bring new players in.
Former Ajax, Gent and Tottenham striker Mido has talked to Belgium magazine “Sport/Voetball” about his new role as at Lierse and how he’ll try to bring new players in.
“I will not be concerned with coaching at all as this is the manager’s job, Eric Van Meir.” said Mido
“Maged Sami, Lierse chairman, has brought me here to apply a certain structure at the club; as I wasn’t just a manager at Zamalek, I was also head of the youth academy.”
Mido has talked about how he can contribute to the club saying: “I can set up certain partnerships that Lierse can benefit from through my extensive network and contacts,
“K.A.A Gent is such an example as I have kept a good relationship with Michel Louwagie, Gent’s technical director, who has taken good care of the club and are now doing great.”
He has ended his statements jokingly saying: “Maybe my transfer to Ajax has somewhat helped in that Gent revival.”