Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
OFFICIAL: Dodo El-Gabbas rejoins Lierse SK
Lierse SK have reached an agreement with Wadi Degla for the transfer of Mohamed ‘Dodo’ El-Gabbas, who returns for a second spell with the Belgian club.
Lierse SK have announced on their website that El-Gabbas has signed a contract for two seasons – rejoining from parent club Wadi Degla – after passing a medical.
El-Gabbas is the third Egyptian to sign for Lierse this summer. The Belgian club, owned by the Egyptian Businessman Maged Sami, have signed have signed Amr Barakat from Misr El-Maqassa, as well as Mostafa Galal from Wadi Degla earlier last month.
The Egyptian trio will all play under the leadership of Mohamed Abdel-Wahed, who was appointed the club’s assistant manager last May.
Lierse SK have also appointed ex-Zamalek striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ as the club’s technical adviser.
El-Gabbas is no stranger to Lierse fans, having spent four seasons with the Belgian side. He was last signed by Lierse SK in 2009 from his native club Al-Masry.
In his first season in Belgium, the Egypt international helped Lierse achieve promotion to the Belgian Pro League for the first time since 2007, alongside campatriots Ahmed Samir Farag and Mohamed Abdel-Wahed.
El-Gabbas played three further seasons with Lierse in the Pro League before leaving the club in 2013. He then signed for League One side Swindon Town before Joining Ligue 2 side Arles just six months later.
He finally returned to Egypt to join Wadi Degla in the summer of 2014, spending two seasons at the Cairo-based club before completing his move back to Lierse.