AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Spalletti: Salah a candidate for free-kicks next season
Roma manager Luciano Spalletti has hinted at the possibility that Mohamed Salah could assume free-kick duties next season, pointing out the Egyptian’s accuracy.
In the aftermatch of Miralem Pjanic’s departure to rivals Juventus, Spalletti was quizzed by reporters on the identity of the team’s new free-kick taker: “We have a lot of experienced players that are capable of handling it,” Spalletti replied.
“Salah is accurate with his efforts and he could be a free-kick taker, but there will be tough competition” the Italian continued.
“Florenzi, El-Shaarawy, Perotti and Iturbe are all capable of hitting the target,” he concluded.
Pjanic’s departure will cost Roma some much-needed flair in midfield, but Spalletti is looking forward to Mohamed Salah and his teammates to take their chances and fill the void next season.
It is worth mentioning that Salah scored from a free-kick in Egypt’s 2-0 win over Tanzania last month.