Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Spalletti: Salah a candidate for free-kicks next season
Roma manager Luciano Spalletti has hinted at the possibility that Mohamed Salah could assume free-kick duties next season, pointing out the Egyptian’s accuracy.
In the aftermatch of Miralem Pjanic’s departure to rivals Juventus, Spalletti was quizzed by reporters on the identity of the team’s new free-kick taker: “We have a lot of experienced players that are capable of handling it,” Spalletti replied.
“Salah is accurate with his efforts and he could be a free-kick taker, but there will be tough competition” the Italian continued.
“Florenzi, El-Shaarawy, Perotti and Iturbe are all capable of hitting the target,” he concluded.
Pjanic’s departure will cost Roma some much-needed flair in midfield, but Spalletti is looking forward to Mohamed Salah and his teammates to take their chances and fill the void next season.
It is worth mentioning that Salah scored from a free-kick in Egypt’s 2-0 win over Tanzania last month.