Hossam El-Badry has announced his 21-man squad facing Misr El-Maqassa in the 13th...
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
Spalletti: Salah a candidate for free-kicks next season
Roma manager Luciano Spalletti has hinted at the possibility that Mohamed Salah could assume free-kick duties next season, pointing out the Egyptian’s accuracy.
In the aftermatch of Miralem Pjanic’s departure to rivals Juventus, Spalletti was quizzed by reporters on the identity of the team’s new free-kick taker: “We have a lot of experienced players that are capable of handling it,” Spalletti replied.
“Salah is accurate with his efforts and he could be a free-kick taker, but there will be tough competition” the Italian continued.
“Florenzi, El-Shaarawy, Perotti and Iturbe are all capable of hitting the target,” he concluded.
Pjanic’s departure will cost Roma some much-needed flair in midfield, but Spalletti is looking forward to Mohamed Salah and his teammates to take their chances and fill the void next season.
It is worth mentioning that Salah scored from a free-kick in Egypt’s 2-0 win over Tanzania last month.