Former Tottenham Hotspur striker Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’ has given an outrageous vow...
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
- Emmanuel Amuneke open to managing Zamalek
- EXCLUSIVE | CAF reveal stance from Sundowns training venue problems
Spalletti: Salah a candidate for free-kicks next season
Roma manager Luciano Spalletti has hinted at the possibility that Mohamed Salah could assume free-kick duties next season, pointing out the Egyptian’s accuracy.
In the aftermatch of Miralem Pjanic’s departure to rivals Juventus, Spalletti was quizzed by reporters on the identity of the team’s new free-kick taker: “We have a lot of experienced players that are capable of handling it,” Spalletti replied.
“Salah is accurate with his efforts and he could be a free-kick taker, but there will be tough competition” the Italian continued.
“Florenzi, El-Shaarawy, Perotti and Iturbe are all capable of hitting the target,” he concluded.
Pjanic’s departure will cost Roma some much-needed flair in midfield, but Spalletti is looking forward to Mohamed Salah and his teammates to take their chances and fill the void next season.
It is worth mentioning that Salah scored from a free-kick in Egypt’s 2-0 win over Tanzania last month.