The UEFA Champions League trophy will visit Cairo on a two-day tour...
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
- Former Enugu Rangers coach: Zamalek are not invincible
- Le Havre’s Taher Mohamed to play just 2 matches at U-20 AFCON
- Mohamed Abdelshafy features as Al Ahli beat Bunyodkor
- Ifeanyi Ubah: Al Masry scored through a controversial penalty
Spalletti: Salah a candidate for free-kicks next season
In the aftermatch of Miralem Pjanic’s departure to rivals Juventus, Spalletti was quizzed by reporters on the identity of the team’s new free-kick taker: “We have a lot of experienced players that are capable of handling it,” Spalletti replied.
“Salah is accurate with his efforts and he could be a free-kick taker, but there will be tough competition” the Italian continued.
“Florenzi, El-Shaarawy, Perotti and Iturbe are all capable of hitting the target,” he concluded.
Pjanic’s departure will cost Roma some much-needed flair in midfield, but Spalletti is looking forward to Mohamed Salah and his teammates to take their chances and fill the void next season.
It is worth mentioning that Salah scored from a free-kick in Egypt’s 2-0 win over Tanzania last month.