Liverpool manager Jürgen Klopp has confirmed that his Cameroonian defender Joël Matip will not be going...
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
EXCLUSIVE: Mido: Karim Hafez to Lens is not close, other clubs interested
Lierse S.K technical advisor Ahmed Hossam Mido has clarified that left back Karim Hafez’s move to Ligue 2 side RC Lens is far from done, saying that they are yet to receive an offer from the French club.
Hafez had exclusively revealed to KingFut that he is in talks with Lens to join the club next season. However, Mido explained that the Ligue 2 club have only made an inquiry about the player’s availability but their interest haven’t materialized into a formal offer.
“Karim Hafez is nowhere near Lens, we only gave permission to the player to go there [to France] and talk with the club,” the former Tottenham Hotspur striker told KingFut.
“We haven’t received any offer from Lens, only an inquiry about the player and his availability. Karim is one of the best left backs at his age and he will only go to a place where we think he can develop.”
“Lens is a big club and a good option but we have other interests from other clubs in Belgium, Germany and France,” Lierse technical advisor added.