Belgian manager Georges Leekens has been appointed coach of the Algerian national...
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron, Waasland share spoils in a bottom of the table contest
- OFFICIAL: Georges Leekens named Algeria coach for second time
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
Egypt legend Hossam Hassan released from prison
Egypt legend and Al Masry manager Hossam Hassan has been released from Tora prison on Thursday after resolving his issue with the police official.
Hassan was ordered to be detained after his assault against a police official, who was later recognized as a police-associated photographer, following Al Masry’s 2-2 draw against Ghazl El-Mahalla, before he was transferred to Tora prison on Wednesday.
The 49-year-old coach was charged of resisting authorities, damaging property and stealing a camera’s memory card.
On Thursday it was announced that the police photographer has renounced his complaint against the former Al Ahly and Zamalek striker.
Furthermore, Hassan paid the photographer 25,000 Egyptian pound which is the cost of the damaged camera. He was also handed a three-match suspension by the Egyptian Federation Association following his actions after the Al Masry-Mahalla game, the suspension will be put into effect at the beginning of next season.