Ghana national team manager Avram Grant has spoken ahead of their 2017...
- Grant: There are no weak teams at this tournament
- Morsy, Fathi, Moruf excluded from Zamalek’s CL squad
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
Wael Gomaa announces EFA elections campaign
The 40-year-old defender had played his final match for the Cairo giants in May of 2014 against Etoile du Sahel, before later taking on a position as Al Ahly’s football director. In August of 2015, however, he resigned after tensions between him, the players, and the club began to rise.
The three-time African Cup of Nations winner made his announcement on twitter: “In the belief that football’s message is perpetual on the green pitch, I have decided to contest in [Egyptian] Football Association’s upcoming elections. I aspire to restore Egyptian football’s status and for the national team to return to African and World tournaments.”
Hany Abou-Rida, who is currently a FIFA executive committee member and Egypt’s national team general supervisor, will be running to become the next EFA President.