Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Wael Gomaa announces EFA elections campaign
The 40-year-old defender had played his final match for the Cairo giants in May of 2014 against Etoile du Sahel, before later taking on a position as Al Ahly’s football director. In August of 2015, however, he resigned after tensions between him, the players, and the club began to rise.
The three-time African Cup of Nations winner made his announcement on twitter: “In the belief that football’s message is perpetual on the green pitch, I have decided to contest in [Egyptian] Football Association’s upcoming elections. I aspire to restore Egyptian football’s status and for the national team to return to African and World tournaments.”
Hany Abou-Rida, who is currently a FIFA executive committee member and Egypt’s national team general supervisor, will be running to become the next EFA President.