Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha has been chosen to take part in a...
- Egyptian Referee Gehad Gerisha to attend training camp ahead of World Cup
- Elneny plays 45 minutes in Arsenal’s win against Sutton
- Kenya’s Ayub Masika completes move to China’s League One
- VIDEO: Ayman Hefny scores brace in Zamalek 3-2 victory over El-Gaish
- Messi to visit Egypt for medical campaign
- Egypt U-20 defeat Kenya 3-2 in friendly ahead of AFCON
- Hossam Hassan: Africa believes in sorcery
- AFCON MVP Christian Bassogog moves to China
- Egypt court upholds 10 death sentences in Port Said stadium massacre
- Al Ahly set date for Bidvest Wits CAF Champions League clash
Wael Gomaa announces EFA elections campaign
The 40-year-old defender had played his final match for the Cairo giants in May of 2014 against Etoile du Sahel, before later taking on a position as Al Ahly’s football director. In August of 2015, however, he resigned after tensions between him, the players, and the club began to rise.
The three-time African Cup of Nations winner made his announcement on twitter: “In the belief that football’s message is perpetual on the green pitch, I have decided to contest in [Egyptian] Football Association’s upcoming elections. I aspire to restore Egyptian football’s status and for the national team to return to African and World tournaments.”