Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Wael Gomaa announces EFA elections campaign
The 40-year-old defender had played his final match for the Cairo giants in May of 2014 against Etoile du Sahel, before later taking on a position as Al Ahly’s football director. In August of 2015, however, he resigned after tensions between him, the players, and the club began to rise.
The three-time African Cup of Nations winner made his announcement on twitter: “In the belief that football’s message is perpetual on the green pitch, I have decided to contest in [Egyptian] Football Association’s upcoming elections. I aspire to restore Egyptian football’s status and for the national team to return to African and World tournaments.”