Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
Wael Gomaa announces EFA elections campaign
The 40-year-old defender had played his final match for the Cairo giants in May of 2014 against Etoile du Sahel, before later taking on a position as Al Ahly’s football director. In August of 2015, however, he resigned after tensions between him, the players, and the club began to rise.
The three-time African Cup of Nations winner made his announcement on twitter: “In the belief that football’s message is perpetual on the green pitch, I have decided to contest in [Egyptian] Football Association’s upcoming elections. I aspire to restore Egyptian football’s status and for the national team to return to African and World tournaments.”
Hany Abou-Rida, who is currently a FIFA executive committee member and Egypt’s national team general supervisor, will be running to become the next EFA President.