Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Ramadan Sobhi transfer to Stoke ’99 per cent agreed’
“Hopefully over the next 24 to 48 hours he’ll complete a medical and we’ll tie-up all the last bits of the deal as well, but it’s all 99 per cent agreed,” Scholes said.
Scholes also talked about the 19-year-old’s ability and how much the transfer means to the club saying: “He’s regarded as a special talent in Egypt.
“To be a regular in the national side for 12 months at just 19 shows the quality of the player.”
Here’s how Sobhi compares to other Stoke City forwards:
Scholes also warned about putting too much pressure on the youngster saying: “He’s got undoubted skills but we have to remember his age and he’s coming from a different country and a different culture,
“He has got to have time to settle but he’s one for the future and one we’re excited about.”
It’s worth noting that Sobhi’s transfer will cost Stoke about €6.5 million (approximately 64 million Egyptian pounds) making him the Potters’ first signing of this summer transfer window.