Roma progressed to the next round of the Europa League despite falling...
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
Ramadan Sobhi transfer to Stoke ’99 per cent agreed’
“Hopefully over the next 24 to 48 hours he’ll complete a medical and we’ll tie-up all the last bits of the deal as well, but it’s all 99 per cent agreed,” Scholes said.
Scholes also talked about the 19-year-old’s ability and how much the transfer means to the club saying: “He’s regarded as a special talent in Egypt.
“To be a regular in the national side for 12 months at just 19 shows the quality of the player.”
Here’s how Sobhi compares to other Stoke City forwards:
Scholes also warned about putting too much pressure on the youngster saying: “He’s got undoubted skills but we have to remember his age and he’s coming from a different country and a different culture,
“He has got to have time to settle but he’s one for the future and one we’re excited about.”
It’s worth noting that Sobhi’s transfer will cost Stoke about €6.5 million (approximately 64 million Egyptian pounds) making him the Potters’ first signing of this summer transfer window.