Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Ramadan Sobhi transfer to Stoke ’99 per cent agreed’
“Hopefully over the next 24 to 48 hours he’ll complete a medical and we’ll tie-up all the last bits of the deal as well, but it’s all 99 per cent agreed,” Scholes said.
Scholes also talked about the 19-year-old’s ability and how much the transfer means to the club saying: “He’s regarded as a special talent in Egypt.
“To be a regular in the national side for 12 months at just 19 shows the quality of the player.”
Here’s how Sobhi compares to other Stoke City forwards:
Scholes also warned about putting too much pressure on the youngster saying: “He’s got undoubted skills but we have to remember his age and he’s coming from a different country and a different culture,
“He has got to have time to settle but he’s one for the future and one we’re excited about.”
It’s worth noting that Sobhi’s transfer will cost Stoke about €6.5 million (approximately 64 million Egyptian pounds) making him the Potters’ first signing of this summer transfer window.