AS Roma winger Stephan El Shaarawy has stated that he has a...
- El Shaarawy: My relationship with Salah is great, I am attached to Egypt
- Mayuka ruled out of Zambia’s friendly against Zimbabwe
- Mido: Hamed, El-Said the smartest in Egyptian football
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim dies aged 79
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim has died on Saturday at the age of 79 following a battle with illness, the club announced.
Selim, who was born in 1937, played for the Red Devils’ first team between 1954 and 1967, where he managed to help Al Ahly win seven Egyptian Premier League titles and three Egypt Cup titles. He represented Egypt’s national team at the age of 19.
Selim held the director of football position at Al Ahly between 1987 and 1993.
Tarek, who is widely respected among Egyptian football fans, is the younger brother of former Al Ahly president Saleh Selim.