Saad Samir capitalized on a bizarre error from goalkeeper Mohamed Abou-Gabal as...
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim dies aged 79
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim has died on Saturday at the age of 79 following a battle with illness, the club announced.
Selim, who was born in 1937, played for the Red Devils’ first team between 1954 and 1967, where he managed to help Al Ahly win seven Egyptian Premier League titles and three Egypt Cup titles. He represented Egypt’s national team at the age of 19.
Selim held the director of football position at Al Ahly between 1987 and 1993.
Tarek, who is widely respected among Egyptian football fans, is the younger brother of former Al Ahly president Saleh Selim.