The Windy City Open 2017, which will kick off on Thursday in...
- Squash: 20 Egyptians to participate in Windy City Open main draw
- Elneny out for at least three weeks due to injury
- Date set for Arsenal’s FA Cup clash against Lincoln City
- OFFICIAL: Wadi Degla transfer-list Egypt legend Essam El-Hadary
- Spalletti: Salah and Dzeko are world class players
- UEFA Champions League trophy to visit Egypt
- El-Said returns as Al Ahly announce squad for Degla clash
- Amr Warda involved in goal as PAOK exit Europa League
- Warda voted Man of The Match in PAOK’s win over Veria
- Ahmed Nagy: El-Hadary will go to the World Cup
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim dies aged 79
Al Ahly legend Tarek Selim has died on Saturday at the age of 79 following a battle with illness, the club announced.
Selim, who was born in 1937, played for the Red Devils’ first team between 1954 and 1967, where he managed to help Al Ahly win seven Egyptian Premier League titles and three Egypt Cup titles. He represented Egypt’s national team at the age of 19.
Selim held the director of football position at Al Ahly between 1987 and 1993.
Tarek, who is widely respected among Egyptian football fans, is the younger brother of former Al Ahly president Saleh Selim.