Egypt local national team coach, Hany Ramzy has identified 36 players to...
- Egypt name 36 players for CHAN 2018 qualifiers
- Ghana hold off Mali to reach AFCON 2017 quarter finals
- LIVE: Egypt vs Uganda – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- OFFICIAL: Karim Mamdouh joins C.D Nacional on loan
- Al Nasr Lel Ta’deen appoint Gert Heerkes as new manager
- Egypt to warm up in changing rooms ahead of Uganda clash
- Mohamed Salah reflects on career, lessons learned
- Salah speaks about youth, idols
- Mohamed Salah: “Our group is tough, but we are Egypt”
- Official: Egypt’s Ahmed Sayed ‘Zizo’ joins Nacional on loan from Lierse
Ismaily chairman Abou El-Soud: Al Ahly offering 10 million for Mohsen
Ismaily chairman Mohamed Abou El-Soud revealed the presence of a 10 million EGP offer from Al Ahly to sign striker Marwan Mohsen.
Marwan Mohsen, 27, joined Ismaily on a free transfer from Primeira Liga side Gil Vicente last summer before producing his finest season in the Egyptian Premier League, scoring 14 goals and assisting eight in 32 appearances with El Daraweesh.
Following his impressive season, Ismaily chairman Mohamed Abou El-Soud revealed on Friday that the club have received two serious offers for their star striker thus far, including one from Egyptian champions Al Ahly.
“Al Ahly have presented us a 10 million EGP offer in order to sign the player,” Abou El-Soud said in televised remarks to ONtv.
“We have also received an 800 thousand USD offer from a club outside of Egypt, but at the moment Al Ahly’s offer is the biggest we have received for Mohsen.”
Abou El-Soud confirmed that Zamalek SC opted out of the negotiations to sign the player, abandoning their earlier interest.
The Ismailia-based club chairman then spoke about the 27-year-old’s desire to join Al Ahly: “Marwan informed us of his intentions to leave the club and his desire to join Al Ahly.”
Abou El-Soud also revealed that communication between the club and the towering front-man are currently tense.
“Marwan does not respond to our phones calls and we were told that he does not wish to come back to the club. We won’t stand in front of of any player’s will to leave for another club despite our disappointment.”
Finally, the chairman concluded by stating a quick decision will be made: “The board of directors will make a final decision regarding the deal in the next 48 hours.”
It is worth noting that Mohsen played 12 games with the Egyptian national team, scoring three goals in the process.