Wadi Degla coach, Ahmed Hossam ‘Mido’, took a throw back on his...
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
- Elneny comes off bench as Arsenal thump Omar Gaber’s Basel
- VIDEO: Ceramica Cleopatra forfeit the league
- Ibrahim Salah excluded from Zamalek squad against Aswan
- OFFICIAL: Sporting CP sign Al Ahly target
- Kahraba: I did not reach my peak yet
Ismaily chairman Abou El-Soud: Al Ahly offering 10 million for Mohsen
Marwan Mohsen, 27, joined Ismaily on a free transfer from Primeira Liga side Gil Vicente last summer before producing his finest season in the Egyptian Premier League, scoring 14 goals and assisting eight in 32 appearances with El Daraweesh.
Following his impressive season, Ismaily chairman Mohamed Abou El-Soud revealed on Friday that the club have received two serious offers for their star striker thus far, including one from Egyptian champions Al Ahly.
“Al Ahly have presented us a 10 million EGP offer in order to sign the player,” Abou El-Soud said in televised remarks to ONtv.
“We have also received an 800 thousand USD offer from a club outside of Egypt, but at the moment Al Ahly’s offer is the biggest we have received for Mohsen.”
Abou El-Soud confirmed that Zamalek SC opted out of the negotiations to sign the player, abandoning their earlier interest.
The Ismailia-based club chairman then spoke about the 27-year-old’s desire to join Al Ahly: “Marwan informed us of his intentions to leave the club and his desire to join Al Ahly.”
Abou El-Soud also revealed that communication between the club and the towering front-man are currently tense.
“Marwan does not respond to our phones calls and we were told that he does not wish to come back to the club. We won’t stand in front of of any player’s will to leave for another club despite our disappointment.”
Finally, the chairman concluded by stating a quick decision will be made: “The board of directors will make a final decision regarding the deal in the next 48 hours.”
It is worth noting that Mohsen played 12 games with the Egyptian national team, scoring three goals in the process.