Al Ahly have defeated Kenyan side Prisons 3-0 in the quarter-finals of the African...
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
- Egypt assistant coach praises Al Ahly striker Amr Gamal
Ismaily chairman Abou El-Soud: Al Ahly offering 10 million for Mohsen
Marwan Mohsen, 27, joined Ismaily on a free transfer from Primeira Liga side Gil Vicente last summer before producing his finest season in the Egyptian Premier League, scoring 14 goals and assisting eight in 32 appearances with El Daraweesh.
Following his impressive season, Ismaily chairman Mohamed Abou El-Soud revealed on Friday that the club have received two serious offers for their star striker thus far, including one from Egyptian champions Al Ahly.
“Al Ahly have presented us a 10 million EGP offer in order to sign the player,” Abou El-Soud said in televised remarks to ONtv.
“We have also received an 800 thousand USD offer from a club outside of Egypt, but at the moment Al Ahly’s offer is the biggest we have received for Mohsen.”
Abou El-Soud confirmed that Zamalek SC opted out of the negotiations to sign the player, abandoning their earlier interest.
The Ismailia-based club chairman then spoke about the 27-year-old’s desire to join Al Ahly: “Marwan informed us of his intentions to leave the club and his desire to join Al Ahly.”
Abou El-Soud also revealed that communication between the club and the towering front-man are currently tense.
“Marwan does not respond to our phones calls and we were told that he does not wish to come back to the club. We won’t stand in front of of any player’s will to leave for another club despite our disappointment.”
Finally, the chairman concluded by stating a quick decision will be made: “The board of directors will make a final decision regarding the deal in the next 48 hours.”
It is worth noting that Mohsen played 12 games with the Egyptian national team, scoring three goals in the process.