Zamalek failed to recover from their loss of the CAF Champions League...
- Zamalek return to domestic scene with draw against Smouha
- The rise and fall of Alexandria giants Smouha SC
- KF TOTS: The CAF Champions League Team of the Tournament
- Maqassa come from behind to beat Ismaily in the 94th minute
- Volleyball: Egypt win Women’s U-23 African Championship
- Elmohamady’s Hull, Elneny’s Arsenal to host Newcastle, Southampton in EFL Cup quarter-finals
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
Jol: Ahly motivated to defeat Wydad Casablanca
Al Ahly will host Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca in Matchday 3 of the CAF Champions League on Saturday, July 16. Wydad sit atop Group A with six points from two matches, while Al Ahly languish in last place, having lost their first two matches.
“We lost our first two games, while Wydad won both of theirs. They have a different attitude than us,” the Dutch manager said in his pre-match press conference.
“This match is a final for us, and we need to win. We are the champions of the league, and this gives us motivation to continue in the Champions League,” Jol continued.
Speaking on the absences for for Red Devils, Jol acknowledged missing so many integral players will be tough, but the team believes they can win.
“We have many absences, such as Abdullah El-Said, Malick Evouna, and Ramadan Sobhi. Certainly it will be tough, but we are still looking to continue our journey in Africa. We are working on the development of the team, and we strike to achieve good results,” Jol concluded.