Egypt international Aly Ghazal is on the verge of sealing a transfer...
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
- Late Abdallah El-Said goal eliminates Uganda from AFCON
Jol: Ahly motivated to defeat Wydad Casablanca
Al Ahly will host Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca in Matchday 3 of the CAF Champions League on Saturday, July 16. Wydad sit atop Group A with six points from two matches, while Al Ahly languish in last place, having lost their first two matches.
“We lost our first two games, while Wydad won both of theirs. They have a different attitude than us,” the Dutch manager said in his pre-match press conference.
“This match is a final for us, and we need to win. We are the champions of the league, and this gives us motivation to continue in the Champions League,” Jol continued.
Speaking on the absences for for Red Devils, Jol acknowledged missing so many integral players will be tough, but the team believes they can win.
“We have many absences, such as Abdullah El-Said, Malick Evouna, and Ramadan Sobhi. Certainly it will be tough, but we are still looking to continue our journey in Africa. We are working on the development of the team, and we strike to achieve good results,” Jol concluded.