Misr El-Maqassa defeated Al Masry 4-2 in gameweek 21 of the Egyptian...
- Misr El-Maqassa beat Al Masry to close gap on leaders Al Ahly
- Volleyball: Al Ahly reach African Championship semi-finals
- Champions League: Group-stages draw date announced
- Zamalek refuse to let Aboul-Fetouh join the national team
- Al Ahly: 3 Zamalek players under our radar
- Al Ahly: It is too soon to judge Coulibaly
- Mortada Mansour: Ultras Ahlawy is a menace to Egypt
- Saad Samir: I told Bidvest’s striker that he destroyed my dreams as a film star
- Abdallah El-Said: Egypt’s journey to the World Cup is far from over despite good standing
- Al Ahly and Zamalek learn of CAF Champions League match dates
Jol: Ahly motivated to defeat Wydad Casablanca
Al Ahly will host Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca in Matchday 3 of the CAF Champions League on Saturday, July 16. Wydad sit atop Group A with six points from two matches, while Al Ahly languish in last place, having lost their first two matches.
“We lost our first two games, while Wydad won both of theirs. They have a different attitude than us,” the Dutch manager said in his pre-match press conference.
“This match is a final for us, and we need to win. We are the champions of the league, and this gives us motivation to continue in the Champions League,” Jol continued.
Speaking on the absences for for Red Devils, Jol acknowledged missing so many integral players will be tough, but the team believes they can win.
“We have many absences, such as Abdullah El-Said, Malick Evouna, and Ramadan Sobhi. Certainly it will be tough, but we are still looking to continue our journey in Africa. We are working on the development of the team, and we strike to achieve good results,” Jol concluded.