Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ scored once as Al Ittihad overcame a one-goal deficit...
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
- Elneny: The past 11 months have been the best of my life
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli edge Al Raed
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
Jol: Ahly motivated to defeat Wydad Casablanca
Al Ahly will host Morocco’s Wydad Casablanca in Matchday 3 of the CAF Champions League on Saturday, July 16. Wydad sit atop Group A with six points from two matches, while Al Ahly languish in last place, having lost their first two matches.
“We lost our first two games, while Wydad won both of theirs. They have a different attitude than us,” the Dutch manager said in his pre-match press conference.
“This match is a final for us, and we need to win. We are the champions of the league, and this gives us motivation to continue in the Champions League,” Jol continued.
Speaking on the absences for for Red Devils, Jol acknowledged missing so many integral players will be tough, but the team believes they can win.
“We have many absences, such as Abdullah El-Said, Malick Evouna, and Ramadan Sobhi. Certainly it will be tough, but we are still looking to continue our journey in Africa. We are working on the development of the team, and we strike to achieve good results,” Jol concluded.