The Egyptian national team has been valued to be the 25th most...
- Al Masry train on Port Said Stadium for first time since 2012 massacre
- Adebayor: Egypt are getting closer to reaching World Cup
- REPORT: Egypt national team has 25th most expensive squad in the world
- Tunisia manager: Loss to Morocco will prepare us for Egypt clash
- EFA fines El-Maqassa, Al Masry following their league match
- Amr Gamal: Cuper has been supporting me
- Cuper impressed by new faces after Togo win
- Zamalek: New coach issue to be concluded on Saturday
- Handball: Al Ahly reach Cup semis, Zamalek eliminated
- Elmohamady: Egypt closer than ever to reaching World Cup
Serey Dié returns to FC Basel
The Ivorian returns to the club that he left just eighteen months ago, following Stuttgart’s relegation to the 2. Bundesliga at the end of last season.
— FC Basel 1893 EN (@FC_Basel_en) July 15, 2016
He has signed a two-year contract with the Swiss champions, but he may miss the start of the season as he recovers from an injury picked up at the back end of the last campaign.
The Ivorian veteran midfielder was a regular starter for Stuttgart following his arrival in January 2015, playing 36 times in the Bundesliga, scoring just one goal.
On his return to Basel, he stated that he had unfinished business with the club, saying: “I’m pleased to return to FC Basel. I started a task here in 2013, that now I would like to finish.”
He will join Egyptian right back Omar Gaber at the Swiss club.