Roma general manager Mauro Baldissoni spoke to Premium Sport about Mohamed Salah’s replacement...
- Baldissoni: We have no intention to replace Salah
- Mohamed Shawky joins Wadi Degla’s coaching staff
- Ekramy back in Al Ahly’s squad for Misr El-Maqassa
- Trezeguet’s Mouscron lose to St.Truiden, extend winless streak
- Squash: Egypt win World Championship title after beating England
- VIDEO: Zamalek smash Dakhleya in Helmy’s return as head coach
- Koka on the losing end as Porto grab late winner
- Amr Warda features as Veria hold Panetolikos
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
Serey Dié returns to FC Basel
The Ivorian returns to the club that he left just eighteen months ago, following Stuttgart’s relegation to the 2. Bundesliga at the end of last season.
— FC Basel 1893 EN (@FC_Basel_en) July 15, 2016
He has signed a two-year contract with the Swiss champions, but he may miss the start of the season as he recovers from an injury picked up at the back end of the last campaign.
The Ivorian veteran midfielder was a regular starter for Stuttgart following his arrival in January 2015, playing 36 times in the Bundesliga, scoring just one goal.
On his return to Basel, he stated that he had unfinished business with the club, saying: “I’m pleased to return to FC Basel. I started a task here in 2013, that now I would like to finish.”
He will join Egyptian right back Omar Gaber at the Swiss club.