Zamalek manager Momen Soliman revealed that back-up keeper Mahmoud Abdel-Rehim “Gennesh” will...
- Zamalek manager says back-up keeper Gennesh to start against Sundowns
- Hamoudi: The players did what they had to do, no one held back
- Mido gives outrageous vow if Zamalek win CAF Champions League
- Zamalek’s Ibrahim Salah believes nothing is impossible ahead of final showdown
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley finally end winless streak
- Mohamed Elneny features in Arsenal’s goalless draw with Middlesbrough
- RC Lens dominated at home but earn draw against Reims
- Pitso: We can go to the match without training
- Billiat lauds Pitso Mosimane’s methods ahead of Zamalek tie
- Sundowns’ keeper Onyango on Zamalek clash: It’s not done yet
Demba Ba suffers shocking leg break
Senegalese international striker Demba Ba has suffered a horrible leg break in the Chinese Super League derby match between Shanghai Shenhua and Shanghai SIPG.
The Shenhua striker Demba Ba collapsed to the ground in pain after colliding with SIPG’s captain Sun Xiang in the 64th minute.
This tangle of legs between the two players resulted in horribly breaking Ba’s left leg.
It is worth mentioning that the 31-year-old striker is the Chinese Super League top scorer with 14 goals in 18 matches.
After the game Shenhua coach Gregorio Manzano described the tackle as “horrendous”.
“It was a horrendous tackle,” he said
“It could’ve ended Ba’s professional career. I would rather lose the game than lose Ba,” he added.
“Ba is way too good for this to happen to him,” he concluded.