Egypt international Ahmed Hamoudi scored to help Al-Batin secure a 1-1 home...
- VIDEO: Hamoudi scores as Al Batin, Al-Qadisiyah share spoils
- Ayala’s late strike downs Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli
- VIDEO: Ghana’s Samuel Afum nets first league goal in Degla draw against El-Gaish
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
Mark Hughes: We have got high hopes for Ramadan Sobhi
Sobhi is expected to complete his transfer to Stoke City next week after Cairo giants Al Ahly accepted record fee that sees the 19-year-old winger join The Potters.
The Egypt international flied to England on Thursday morning in order to complete his medical for Stoke City. By his turn, Stoke chief executive Tony Scholes confirmed that Sobhi’s move to the club is almost done.
“We are hoping that [deal] is going to be concluded quite soon,” Hughes said on Saturday.
“I met him last night and he seems a very mature young man and we have got high hopes for him. I am very pleased he is going to join us and I am looking forward to working with him.”
“The Egyptian League isn’t an easy league, so he is obviously capable of dealing with that aspect and I am sure he will have an impact with us,” he concluded.