Mohamed Salah scored a brace for his Roma side, who comfortably handled...
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
- El Badry announces Al Ahly squad for Tanta clash
- LISTEN: What to do with a problem by the name of Mortada?
John Toshack: We missed Evouna against Al Ahly
Wydad Casablanca boss John Toshack expressed his views following his side’s goalless draw against Al Ahly in Egypt.
Wydad held Al Ahly to a draw in Cairo on Saturday in the third round of the CAF Champions League group stages, which cemented the Moroccan club’s position at the top of the group, leaving the Cairo giants bottom with a maiden point after three matches.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 16, 2016
Speaking after the match, the former Liverpool legend said: “A draw against Al Ahly is satisfactory to us. We expected a very tough game and we should’ve scored.
“We played an excellent match against Al Ahly, the players did what they were asked to do but we missed our former striker Malick Evouna.
“Evouna could’ve made a difference for us. Look at his goals with us, his departure was a loss for and now we have players who couldn’t score. Even Chikatara, I don’t know if we’ll sign him or not,” Toshack concluded.
It is worth noting that Malick Evouna swapped Wydad for Al Ahly in a $2.5 million deal in the summer of 2015, before completing a record-breaking $8 million transfer to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda just a few days ago.