Speaking exclusively to KingFut.com, former Arsenal winger and current coach Robert Pires...
- EXCLUSIVE | Arsenal legend Robert Pires praises ‘interesting’ Elneny
- Elneny comes on in Arsenal’s explosive win against West Ham
- Sam Morsy features as Barnsley win big at St Andrews
- AWCON: Nigeria emerge as champions of Africa
- Afriyie: I advice Al-Ahly to sign Ebenezer Assifuah
- Spalletti comments on Salah’s absence ahead of Rome Derby
- Kahraba: Fans are the reason behind my performance
- Inzaghi: Mohamed Salah added value to Roma
- Radja Nainggolan: Salah is an important player
- Egypt’s women beat hosts France to reach World Championship final
John Toshack: We missed Evouna against Al Ahly
Wydad Casablanca boss John Toshack expressed his views following his side’s goalless draw against Al Ahly in Egypt.
Wydad held Al Ahly to a draw in Cairo on Saturday in the third round of the CAF Champions League group stages, which cemented the Moroccan club’s position at the top of the group, leaving the Cairo giants bottom with a maiden point after three matches.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 16, 2016
Speaking after the match, the former Liverpool legend said: “A draw against Al Ahly is satisfactory to us. We expected a very tough game and we should’ve scored.
“We played an excellent match against Al Ahly, the players did what they were asked to do but we missed our former striker Malick Evouna.
“Evouna could’ve made a difference for us. Look at his goals with us, his departure was a loss for and now we have players who couldn’t score. Even Chikatara, I don’t know if we’ll sign him or not,” Toshack concluded.
It is worth noting that Malick Evouna swapped Wydad for Al Ahly in a $2.5 million deal in the summer of 2015, before completing a record-breaking $8 million transfer to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda just a few days ago.