Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
John Toshack: We missed Evouna against Al Ahly
Wydad Casablanca boss John Toshack expressed his views following his side’s goalless draw against Al Ahly in Egypt.
Wydad held Al Ahly to a draw in Cairo on Saturday in the third round of the CAF Champions League group stages, which cemented the Moroccan club’s position at the top of the group, leaving the Cairo giants bottom with a maiden point after three matches.
— KingFut.com (@King_Fut) July 16, 2016
Speaking after the match, the former Liverpool legend said: “A draw against Al Ahly is satisfactory to us. We expected a very tough game and we should’ve scored.
“We played an excellent match against Al Ahly, the players did what they were asked to do but we missed our former striker Malick Evouna.
“Evouna could’ve made a difference for us. Look at his goals with us, his departure was a loss for and now we have players who couldn’t score. Even Chikatara, I don’t know if we’ll sign him or not,” Toshack concluded.
It is worth noting that Malick Evouna swapped Wydad for Al Ahly in a $2.5 million deal in the summer of 2015, before completing a record-breaking $8 million transfer to Chinese Super League side Tianjin Teda just a few days ago.