Hany Zada, a member of the Zamalek board, spoke to ON Sport...
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
- Aubameyang, Mahrez included in 30-man Ballon d’Or shortlist
- Mortada Mansour: Momen Soliman was better than Sundowns coach
- Ahmed Hassan Koka’s SC Braga beat GD Chaves in Primeira Liga
- Kahraba victorious over compatriot Hamoudi in Saudi Crown Prince Cup
- NEW | The numbers behind Mamelodi Sundowns’ Champions League triump
- Sundowns players to share $1.5 mln prize money
- INTERVIEW: World squash number 4 Karim Abdel Gawad talks to KingFut
OFFICIAL: Nigeria striker John Utaka rejoins Ismaily SC
Nigerian striker John Utaka has rejoined the Daraweesh 15 years after leaving the club in 2001 for Qatari side Al-Sadd.
Nigerian striker had confirmed his return to Egyptian Premier League side Ismaily SC to KingFut in June after being offered a pre-contract, after his contract with Turkish side Sivasspor came to an end.
Utaka was in the stands at the Alexandria Stadium on Saturday to watch Ismaily defeat Al Masry 2-0 in the Egypt Cup, and on Sunday, he was unveiled by the club in a press conference in Ismailia, rejoining El Daraweesh on a two-year deal.
Utaka previously played with Ismaily SC for one season, 2000/01, joining from Arab Contractors after playing two seasons with the Mountain Wolves.
Overall, Utaka made over 60 appearances in Egypt and scored league 31 goals, winning the Egypt Cup while being the league’s top scorer with Ismaily SC. Utaka then left Ismaily to join Qatari club Al-Sadd for $1,000,000, a record transfer fee in Qatar at the time.
John Utaka played for a host of European clubs such as Lens, Rennes, Portsmouth and Montpellier HSC, who he won the Ligue 1 title with during the 2011/12 season under Rene Girard.