Egypt international Mohamed Elneny has praised Mali, describing them as a tough...
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
- El-Hadary made history as Mali held Egypt to goalless draw
- Ayew scores from the spot as Ghana down Uganda
- Ehab Allam: Hull City have never been a ‘selling club’ under our ownership
- RELIVE: Egypt vs Mali – 2017 Africa Cup of Nations
- VIDEO: Military National Team draw with Poland in the World Military Cup
- Hull City league position putting off prospective buyers, says Ehab Allam
- Petrojet appoints Hassan Shehata as new head coach
- OFFICIAL: Lierse confirm Amr Barakat move to Al Ahly
OFFICIAL: Nigeria striker John Utaka rejoins Ismaily SC
Nigerian striker John Utaka has rejoined the Daraweesh 15 years after leaving the club in 2001 for Qatari side Al-Sadd.
Nigerian striker had confirmed his return to Egyptian Premier League side Ismaily SC to KingFut in June after being offered a pre-contract, after his contract with Turkish side Sivasspor came to an end.
Utaka was in the stands at the Alexandria Stadium on Saturday to watch Ismaily defeat Al Masry 2-0 in the Egypt Cup, and on Sunday, he was unveiled by the club in a press conference in Ismailia, rejoining El Daraweesh on a two-year deal.
Utaka previously played with Ismaily SC for one season, 2000/01, joining from Arab Contractors after playing two seasons with the Mountain Wolves.
Overall, Utaka made over 60 appearances in Egypt and scored league 31 goals, winning the Egypt Cup while being the league’s top scorer with Ismaily SC. Utaka then left Ismaily to join Qatari club Al-Sadd for $1,000,000, a record transfer fee in Qatar at the time.
John Utaka played for a host of European clubs such as Lens, Rennes, Portsmouth and Montpellier HSC, who he won the Ligue 1 title with during the 2011/12 season under Rene Girard.