Al Ahly have revealed an official request from Spanish club Villarreal CF...
- Villarreal invite Al Ahly’s Nasser Maher to trial period
- UAE side Al Ain withdraw from Arab Club Championship
- Salah nets brace as Roma comfortably defeat Pescara 4-1
- Coulibaly scores again as Al Ahly edge past Tanta
- Abdel-Shafy features as Al Ahli suffer a shocking defeat to Bunyodkor
- VIDEO: Abdelfattah howler helps Zamalek beat Al Masry 1-0
- EFA suspend Ismaily’s midfielder, Ahmed Hossam Mido
- Smouha stunned by fifth ACL injury this season
- Basketball: Sporting Club wins Egypt Cup after beating Al Ahly
- Warda comments on MOTM award after Platanias win
OFFICIAL: Nigeria striker John Utaka rejoins Ismaily SC
Nigerian striker John Utaka has rejoined the Daraweesh 15 years after leaving the club in 2001 for Qatari side Al-Sadd.
Nigerian striker had confirmed his return to Egyptian Premier League side Ismaily SC to KingFut in June after being offered a pre-contract, after his contract with Turkish side Sivasspor came to an end.
Utaka was in the stands at the Alexandria Stadium on Saturday to watch Ismaily defeat Al Masry 2-0 in the Egypt Cup, and on Sunday, he was unveiled by the club in a press conference in Ismailia, rejoining El Daraweesh on a two-year deal.
Utaka previously played with Ismaily SC for one season, 2000/01, joining from Arab Contractors after playing two seasons with the Mountain Wolves.
Overall, Utaka made over 60 appearances in Egypt and scored league 31 goals, winning the Egypt Cup while being the league’s top scorer with Ismaily SC. Utaka then left Ismaily to join Qatari club Al-Sadd for $1,000,000, a record transfer fee in Qatar at the time.
John Utaka played for a host of European clubs such as Lens, Rennes, Portsmouth and Montpellier HSC, who he won the Ligue 1 title with during the 2011/12 season under Rene Girard.