KingFut’s Marwan Ahmed got in touch with Angola national team manager Beto...
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
- VIDEO: Egypt’s locals national team defeat Benin
- Ghanaian officials banned for sexual harassment
- Mortada: Alain Giresse has agreed to manage Zamalek
- Volleyball: Al Ahly crowned African champions
- Egypt’s general prosecutor reopens the Air Defence Stadium case
- Gennesh reflects on his first Egypt call-up
- Al Ahly: Emad Meteb is an important player for us
- Hector Cuper: Bassem Morsy can rejoin national team
- Meteb admits he might leave Al Ahly over lack of playing time
Martin Jol: I won’t resign, we still stand a chance in CAFCL
Al Ahly fell short against the Moroccan side failing to beat them in Borg El-Arab stadium and settling for a 0-0 draw to make their chances of passing to the African competition’s semifinals very slim.
Al Ahly managed to earn only one point from three games, losing their first game against Zesco United in Zambia and obtaining two home draws against ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca respectively, to become on the verge of getting knocked out from the competition where The Red Devils hold its record as the most decorated club with eight titles
“I am the league champion, Al Ahly also compete in Egypt Cup and we still stand a chance in the Champions League,” Jol said in the post-match press conference.
“It is normal to lose a game and now our job is to work in order to fix things up. Then actually I think Al Ahly have controlled the game and it was a one-side match, did Wydad reach our goal except in one occassion?”
“Meteb can play in the last 30 minutes only, the player’s physical condition made me delay his inclusion on the pitch. Furthermore, I predicted that Amr Gamal would ask to be changed at any moment and that’s why I preferred to keep Meteb,” Jol added.