The Egyptian national military team has managed to beat Canada 4-0 in...
- Egypt thrash Canada 4-0 in Military World Cup
- Baba Rahman to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Egypt keeper Ahmed El-Shennawy sheds light on AFCON injury
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
Martin Jol: I won’t resign, we still stand a chance in CAFCL
Al Ahly fell short against the Moroccan side failing to beat them in Borg El-Arab stadium and settling for a 0-0 draw to make their chances of passing to the African competition’s semifinals very slim.
Al Ahly managed to earn only one point from three games, losing their first game against Zesco United in Zambia and obtaining two home draws against ASEC Mimosas and Wydad Casablanca respectively, to become on the verge of getting knocked out from the competition where The Red Devils hold its record as the most decorated club with eight titles
“I am the league champion, Al Ahly also compete in Egypt Cup and we still stand a chance in the Champions League,” Jol said in the post-match press conference.
“It is normal to lose a game and now our job is to work in order to fix things up. Then actually I think Al Ahly have controlled the game and it was a one-side match, did Wydad reach our goal except in one occassion?”
“Meteb can play in the last 30 minutes only, the player’s physical condition made me delay his inclusion on the pitch. Furthermore, I predicted that Amr Gamal would ask to be changed at any moment and that’s why I preferred to keep Meteb,” Jol added.