The fixtures for the U-20 Africa Cup of Nations, which is set...
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
- Hector Cuper: Our group is now more complicated
- OFFICIAL: Injured Egypt keeper El-Shennawy to miss rest of AFCON
- Court adds Abou-Treika to terrorist watch-list
- Mali coach: We were under pressure against Egypt
- Elneny: We have a good chance to qualify
Roma win 3-2 in second pre-season friendly
Egypt’s Mohamed Salah started in Roma’s second pre-season friendly, before getting subbed off during the break.
The first half saw both sides quiet, putting minimal pressure on each other, with Terek Grozny playing more defensively.
The Giallorossi’s fairly recent signing Diego Perotti was able to put his side 1-0 up against the Russian outfit in the 41st minute, ensuring his side led at half time.
Luciano Spaletti looked to experiment, as he made five substitutions right after the break, including the club’s legend Francesco Totti coming on to replace Mohamed Salah.
Less than ten minutes into the second half, Terek Grozny levelled the score after Gheorghe Grozav made it 1-1 for his side in the 53rd minute.
The Serie A side were quick to respond with Bosnian Edin Dzeko scoring two minutes later to restore Roma’s lead.
The match would continue on with both sides balanced in their style of play, but Grozav scored from a free kick to complete his brace in the 81st minute.
Only four minutes later, Roma youngster Riccardo Marchizza made it 3-2 for his side, as the Italian outfit won their second friendly.
It is well worth noting that Salah scored two goals in the team’s previous 16-0 victory against AC Pinzolo.