Sam Morsy was an unused substitute as Wigan Athletic were unable to...
- Ramadan Sobhi’s Stoke fall 2-0 to Swansea City
- 10-man Hull City cruise past Watford with ease
- Wadi Degla women crowned Egypt Cup champions
- Hany Zada: Kahraba will continue his career abroad
- Ryan Giggs: Mohamed Salah is an exciting player
- Kahraba scores and assists as Ittihad win at Ettifaq
- Adel Taarabt: Salah one of the best in Serie A
- Gehad Greisha back to officiating in Egyptian Premier League
- Zamalek to pay a portion of Agogo’s unpaid wages
- Al Hilal crowned league champions over Abdel-Shafy’s Al Ahli, Kahraba’s Ittihad
Helmy: We helped Sundowns Win
Helmy confessed that his side made a few mistakes that helped Sundowns win the match. The coach first talked about his questionable substitute after Marouf Youssef replaced Shikabala: “I made this substitute to secure our lines that’s all,”
Also, Mohamed Ibrahim was injured in the second half and had to be substituted. “I feel bad for Ibrahim’s injury, this of course affected our performance during the match,” he added. Zamalek’s doctor, Waleed Abdelrahman, confirmed that Ibrahim will undergo a surgery and will be out of action for three months.
“We helped Sundowns win the match, we also made some mistakes that we will have to work on for the second leg match,” Helmy concluded.