Al Ahly football manager Sayed Abdel-Hafiz announced the team’s CAF Champions League...
- Al Ahly squad for CAFCL announced
- AFCON Roundup: Favourites fail to impress in group B
- OFFICIAL: Hamada Tolba joins ENPPI on free transfer
- Handball: Denmark beat Egypt in World Championship
- Cúper: We’re positive that we can stop Mali’s players
- Ekramy leaves Egypt training session because of hamstring injury
- AFCON Roundup: Group A teams share spoils
- EXCLUSIVE: Chinese club in negotiations to sign Aly Ghazal
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Sam Morsy features, Lierse draw
- Zamalek and Ismaily handed transfer bans
Koka features in Braga win over Famalicão
Famalicão, presenting themselves to their supporters in their first home match of the season, took an early lead through a Feliz Vaz goal at the 11 minute mark.
However, just six minutes later, Braga turned the score around, first through new recruit Tomás Martinez and then thanks to Pedro Santos, who curled a shot from outside the box to beat the keeper. Before the break, Famalicão wasted a penalty as Matheus stopped Diogo Cunha’s kick.
Koka came on for the 2nd half, replacing Nikola Stojlijkovic. Despite a couple of good chances from both sides, the pace of the game decreased dramatically thanks to the high number of substitutions and neither side managed to add another goal to their tally.
A good test for SC Braga, as they prepare for their first official match of the season, the dispute of the Portuguese Supercup on August 7th against Benfica.