Egyptian referee Gehad Gerisha was nominated for the CAF 2016 Referee of...
- Hughes talks Ramadan Sobhi, defeat against Arsenal
- Gerisha nominated for CAF Best Referee of the Year Award
- Sobhi nominated for GloCAF Most Promising Talent
- Zamalek nominated for CAF Club of the Year award
- VIDEO: Kahraba scores as Al Ittihad come back to defeat Al Faisaly
- De Sciglio: Roma will be dangerous despite missing Mohamed Salah
- Elmohamady features in thrilling 3-3 draw against Crystal Palace
- Sobhi features, with Elneny an unused substitute in Arsenal’s 3-1 win
- Barnsley narrowly defeat Norwich
- Karim Hafez features in Lens’ 3-1 defeat to Strasbourg
OFFICIAL: Maqassa trio Mahmoud ‘Dunga’, Hosny Fathi, Mohammed Mosaad sign for Zamalek
Misr El-Maqassa midfielders Mahmoud Abdelaty ‘Dunga’, Mohamed Mosaad, and left-back Hosny Fathi have signed for Zamalek, according to the latter side’s official social media accounts.
Despite being linked with Zamalek’s bitter rivals Al Ahly earlier this season, Dunga – nicknamed after the ex-Brazil player and manager due to his similar appearance – has completed a switch to Mit Okba instead.
The Sharkia native was an integral player for Misr El-Maqassa under manager Ehab Galal.
The 23-year-old defensive midfielder joins the Whites as they aim to finish in the top two spots in 2016 CAF Champions League Group B.
Meanwhile, Dunga’s teammate, Hosny Fathi has also joined the Whites, the club announced on Tuesday.
The 27-year-old spent the last two seasons at Maqassa, and now looks set to compete with Mohamed Gomaa and Hamada Tolba for the starting left-back role.
Finally, Zamalek rounded up their raid of Maqassa by securing the signature of 27-year-old midfielder Mohamed Mosaad. He scored four goals and added seven assists in 24 games for Maqassa this season.
— Zamalek SC (@ZSCOfficial) July 19, 2016