Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Salah respects Pjanic’s decision, ‘proud’ to play with Totti
In June, Roma’s midfielder Pjanic signed a five-year deal with Juventus after the Serie A champions agreed a €32million deal with Roma.
“Pjanic made his choice,” Salah told Sky Sports Italia. “It was a personal decision that came down to him and which we must respect. I wish him good luck, he’s still my friend.
“Juventus signed some excellent players but we’ll fight for the Scudetto. It’s not going to be easy but we’ll give it our all. We want to give a great joy to our fans and to the club.
Despite praising the team’s performance last season, Salah hopes they would be able to do better in the upcoming campaign.
“Last season was very good, even if the third place is not a result that satisfies us completely,” the Egyptian winger said.
“We gave our all throughout the season, but this year we hope to do better and win something,” he added.
The 23-year-old hailed Roma coach Luciano Spalletti, saying that he is a “winner”, who always aspires to achieve more.
“Spalletti is loved here in Rome, by the club, the fans and the players, not least for what he has done in the past. He wants the same thing as we do, to give something satisfying to the fans and the directors.
“Our Coach likes to move players on the pitch and this always gives problems to our opponents when they try to read us.
Salah also praised his current teammates, including Kevin Strootman who has recently recovered from injury.
“He [Strootman] is a great player, who always wants to win, even in practice. I am happy to see him back in the field He came back stronger than he was before.
“Dzeko? He wasn’t lucky last season, but I like to play with him because he always helps the team, even when he isn’t scoring. He’s a great player.
“Totti? He’s Totti. I don’t know what you can add to that. I’m proud to play next to him,” he added.
Salah concluded by discussing his future with the club, saying that he’s having a good time at Roma, and that he is eager to forge a long career with the Giallorossi.
“I’m happy here at Roma, I have a great relationship with my teammates and I hope to stay here a long time,” said Salah.