South Africa’s Minister of Sport and Recreation Fikiler Mbalula has expressed his discontent...
- South Africa Sport Minister angered by Sundowns poor treatment in Egypt
- Tala’a El-Gaish knocked out of Volleyball Club World Championship
- Hossam El Badry supports Zamalek ahead of Champions League final
- Salah’s Roma share spoils with Austria Vienna in Europa league
- Kahraba features in disappointing loss to Al Shabab
- Defiant Al Masry come back to end Smouha’s winning start
- Mamelodi Sundowns files a complaint against Zamalek
- Zamalek legend Hazem Emam says winning African title ‘not impossible’
- Egypt’s assistant coach says Pharaohs won’t rely on history
- Sada Cruzeiro beat El-Gaish in Volleyball Club World Championship
Mohamed Ibrahim’s agent confirms he will be out for 9 weeks
After being on the wrong end of a painful tackle by Thabo Nthethe, Mohamed Ibrahim’s ankle required surgery. The operation was completed successfully on Tuesday.
His agent, Salem, confirmed however that the player will miss a significant amount of action before being able to return to the pitch: “After a successful surgery it is expected that Ibrahim will be back in nine weeks.
“He will start running eventually to improve his fitness in order to be available as soon as possible,” he claimed.
Ibrahim has been integral to the team lately and would have been depended on heavily given the imminent departure of fellow midfielder Kahraba to Saudi Arabia.
Ibrahim is expected to miss the remainder of Zamalek’s CAF Champions League games as well as the Egypt Cup games. It is also doubtful that he will be available for the start of the new domestic campaign.