Roma grabbed a fantastic 3-1 away win over Inter Milan at the...
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
- Safwat to face Gael Monfils in Dubai Tennis Championship
- Egypt U-20 draw their first game in the AFCON
- Shikabala included in Zamalek squad for Haras El-Hodood Cup match
- EFA announce date for Arab Club Championship draw
- Al Ahly and Wadi Degla fined following league match controversy
- Karim Nedved confirms receiving an offer from La Liga club
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
Ali Maaloul: I won’t join Al Ahly unless my team agrees
Maaloul has been on Ahly’s radar for quite some time, and it has been recently reported that the deal was as good as done in the last few weeks pending the official announcement.
The 26-year-old has talked to Tunisian ‘Diwan’ radio channel about the recent negotiations saying: “It’s not true what’s being said in the media that I finalized a deal with Al Ahly or any other club.
“Negotiations are still ongoing with my agent and he’s the one responsible for talking to Al Ahly and other clubs wanting to sign me.”
It’s worth noting that were reports of several French clubs like Toulouse that are interested in signing Maaloul, but Al Ahly being closer to signing the CS Sfaxien player.
“There’s been an agreement with CS Sfaxien that they have to agree on the bids that are presented for me and that’s all for the club’s best interest.”
It’s worth noting that the player’s contract with CS Sfaxien has a release clause worth $500,000, but whether Al Ahly will pay that amount or more to sign the player is yet to be seen.