ENPPI and Egypt midfielder Salah Soliman has been ruled out of Monday’s local national...
- Salah Soliman ruled out of Benin friendly
- Coulibaly pleased with friendly performance, seeks playing time
- Volleyball: Al Ahly through to African Club Championship final
- Mortada Mansour confirms offers for Kahraba, Hamed and Gabr
- Al Ahly legend Manuel José announces retirement from football
- Egypt test goal-line officials during Zamalek friendly
- Hector Cuper: Reaching World Cup is our main target
- CAF secretary general Hicham El Amrani resigns
- SQUASH: Both British Open defending champions defeated in semi-finals
- Mohamed Helmy announces decision to leave Zamalek
Ali Maaloul: I won’t join Al Ahly unless my team agrees
Maaloul has been on Ahly’s radar for quite some time, and it has been recently reported that the deal was as good as done in the last few weeks pending the official announcement.
The 26-year-old has talked to Tunisian ‘Diwan’ radio channel about the recent negotiations saying: “It’s not true what’s being said in the media that I finalized a deal with Al Ahly or any other club.
“Negotiations are still ongoing with my agent and he’s the one responsible for talking to Al Ahly and other clubs wanting to sign me.”
It’s worth noting that were reports of several French clubs like Toulouse that are interested in signing Maaloul, but Al Ahly being closer to signing the CS Sfaxien player.
“There’s been an agreement with CS Sfaxien that they have to agree on the bids that are presented for me and that’s all for the club’s best interest.”
It’s worth noting that the player’s contract with CS Sfaxien has a release clause worth $500,000, but whether Al Ahly will pay that amount or more to sign the player is yet to be seen.