Arsenal and Hull City‘s English Football (EFL) Cup Quarter-Final opponents have been...
- Elmohamady’s Hull to host Newcastle in EFL Cup quarterfinal
- Salah assists in Roma’s 3-1 win against Sassuolo
- Zamalek to face Minuh Yaoundé in African Handball Championship
- Hefny excluded as Zamalek announce squad to face Smouha
- Preview: MO Bejaia look to snatch CAF Confederation Cup from continental giants TP Mazembe
- HANDBALL: Al Ahly top their group, qualify to quarterfinals in African championship
- Gervinho to miss AFCON after ACL rupture
- Hull into League Cup Quarter Finals
- Elneny plays full 90 in comfortable Arsenal win against Reading in EFL cup
- Petrojet see goalless draw with Al Ahly
Trezeguet comes on as a sub and scores in Anderlecht win
Anderlecht bounced back from a preseason winless run to record a 3-1 comeback win over Heerenveen that saw Mahmoud Trezeguet score off the substitute’s bench.
RSC Anderlecht’s preparations for the new season continued with a friendly match against Dutch side Heerenveen. The Belgian side had gone two matches without a win since a run of good results that included a Trezeguet goal.
SC Heerenveen started the stronger of the two and scored after 10 minutes, thanks to a goal by Arber Zeneli. Anderlecht upped their game, in response, but they were restricted to chances from outside the box. They finally managed to equalize though. Steven Defour made 1-1 just before halftime.
The teams cancelled each other out in the second half forcing both coaches to make a number of changes. This included Mahmoud Trezeguet in the 70th minute. A minute after coming on, he found the net to put his team 2-1 up. Youri Tielemans then scored a penalty in the 78th minute to seal with 3-1 for Anderlecht.
The Belgian side next faces Rostov, away from home, in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The match will be played on 26th July, 2016.