Hull let a lead slip as they drew 1-1 against fellow newly-promoted...
- Elmohamady plays full 90 minutes as Hull draw with Burnley
- Mamdouh Hashem: PAUC is like my family
- Elmohamady speaks about adapting to English culture, life at Hull
- Karim Nedved aiming to use U-20 AFCON as stepping stone to Europe
- Ex-Zamalek’s Ahmed Nasser undergoing trial at Nurnberg
- Pharaohs Abroad Roundup: Hafez plays full 90 in Lens 2-0 win
- U-20 AFCON: Egypt coach Gamal acknowledges pressure to deliver
- Mali U20 coach: We aim to win our match against Egypt
- Ibrahim Hassan scores from the spot as Ismaily draws with El-Gaish
- Elneny: I couldn’t believe the Arsenal negotiations
Trezeguet comes on as a sub and scores in Anderlecht win
Anderlecht bounced back from a preseason winless run to record a 3-1 comeback win over Heerenveen that saw Mahmoud Trezeguet score off the substitute’s bench.
RSC Anderlecht’s preparations for the new season continued with a friendly match against Dutch side Heerenveen. The Belgian side had gone two matches without a win since a run of good results that included a Trezeguet goal.
SC Heerenveen started the stronger of the two and scored after 10 minutes, thanks to a goal by Arber Zeneli. Anderlecht upped their game, in response, but they were restricted to chances from outside the box. They finally managed to equalize though. Steven Defour made 1-1 just before halftime.
The teams cancelled each other out in the second half forcing both coaches to make a number of changes. This included Mahmoud Trezeguet in the 70th minute. A minute after coming on, he found the net to put his team 2-1 up. Youri Tielemans then scored a penalty in the 78th minute to seal with 3-1 for Anderlecht.
The Belgian side next faces Rostov, away from home, in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The match will be played on 26th July, 2016.