Al Masry have continued their winning streak as they beat Petrojet 2-1...
- Al Masry see off Petrojet to continue winning streak
- Patrick Malo: Burkina Faso a good team, I am fine at Smouha
- Klopp confirms Joel Matip will not be going to AFCON
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
Trezeguet comes on as a sub and scores in Anderlecht win
Anderlecht bounced back from a preseason winless run to record a 3-1 comeback win over Heerenveen that saw Mahmoud Trezeguet score off the substitute’s bench.
RSC Anderlecht’s preparations for the new season continued with a friendly match against Dutch side Heerenveen. The Belgian side had gone two matches without a win since a run of good results that included a Trezeguet goal.
SC Heerenveen started the stronger of the two and scored after 10 minutes, thanks to a goal by Arber Zeneli. Anderlecht upped their game, in response, but they were restricted to chances from outside the box. They finally managed to equalize though. Steven Defour made 1-1 just before halftime.
The teams cancelled each other out in the second half forcing both coaches to make a number of changes. This included Mahmoud Trezeguet in the 70th minute. A minute after coming on, he found the net to put his team 2-1 up. Youri Tielemans then scored a penalty in the 78th minute to seal with 3-1 for Anderlecht.
The Belgian side next faces Rostov, away from home, in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The match will be played on 26th July, 2016.