Egypt manager Hector Cuper believes that the Pharaohs didn’t play badly in...
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Guinea-Bissau’s Abel Camara: We feel like heroes
Trezeguet comes on as a sub and scores in Anderlecht win
Anderlecht bounced back from a preseason winless run to record a 3-1 comeback win over Heerenveen that saw Mahmoud Trezeguet score off the substitute’s bench.
RSC Anderlecht’s preparations for the new season continued with a friendly match against Dutch side Heerenveen. The Belgian side had gone two matches without a win since a run of good results that included a Trezeguet goal.
SC Heerenveen started the stronger of the two and scored after 10 minutes, thanks to a goal by Arber Zeneli. Anderlecht upped their game, in response, but they were restricted to chances from outside the box. They finally managed to equalize though. Steven Defour made 1-1 just before halftime.
The teams cancelled each other out in the second half forcing both coaches to make a number of changes. This included Mahmoud Trezeguet in the 70th minute. A minute after coming on, he found the net to put his team 2-1 up. Youri Tielemans then scored a penalty in the 78th minute to seal with 3-1 for Anderlecht.
The Belgian side next faces Rostov, away from home, in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The match will be played on 26th July, 2016.