Wadi Degla manager Ahmed Hossam ”Mido” has revealed that Al Ahly forward Emad...
- Mido: Emad Meteb would be welcomed at Wadi Degla
- Alain Giresse’s agent confirms Zamalek negotiations
- VIDEO: Egypt win 3-0 after a convincing performance against Togo
- Zamalek youngster Ahmed Aboul-Fetouh signs five-year contract extension
- Al Ahly’s Ahmed Adel: Ekramy is the best goalkeeper in Egypt
- Cuper offers advice to Roma star Salah
- Hector Cuper praises ‘incomparable’ El-Hadary
- Agent discusses Trezeguet’s future after Mouscron loan
- Al Ahly impose media ban on players following Meteb, Fathi comments
- EXCLUSIVE: Angola’s Beto excited to work with Flavio
Trezeguet comes on as a sub and scores in Anderlecht win
Anderlecht bounced back from a preseason winless run to record a 3-1 comeback win over Heerenveen that saw Mahmoud Trezeguet score off the substitute’s bench.
RSC Anderlecht’s preparations for the new season continued with a friendly match against Dutch side Heerenveen. The Belgian side had gone two matches without a win since a run of good results that included a Trezeguet goal.
SC Heerenveen started the stronger of the two and scored after 10 minutes, thanks to a goal by Arber Zeneli. Anderlecht upped their game, in response, but they were restricted to chances from outside the box. They finally managed to equalize though. Steven Defour made 1-1 just before halftime.
The teams cancelled each other out in the second half forcing both coaches to make a number of changes. This included Mahmoud Trezeguet in the 70th minute. A minute after coming on, he found the net to put his team 2-1 up. Youri Tielemans then scored a penalty in the 78th minute to seal with 3-1 for Anderlecht.
The Belgian side next faces Rostov, away from home, in the UEFA Champions League third qualifying round. The match will be played on 26th July, 2016.