The Ahly handball team beat their Zamalek counterparts, without legend Ahmed El...
- HANDBALL: Ahly beats Zamalek in league encounter
- VIDEO: Hossam Paulo scores as Zamalek down Nasr Lel Ta’adeen
- Mido: Gent was special for me, English football suited me
- AS Roma to face Olympique Lyonnais in Europa League
- Smouha set date for Ulinzi Stars clash
- El-Hadary: I apologise to everyone at Wadi Degla
- Essam El-Hadary: I may leave Wadi Degla
- Former teammate talks about ‘scissors’ incident between Mido and Zlatan
- Roma advance in Europa League despite losing to Villarreal
- VIDEO: Amr Gamal ends goal drought in Al Ahly win over Degla
Kahraba: Ittihad’s reputation convinced me to join
Ittihad Jeddah presented Egypt international Mahmoud Abdel-Moneim ‘Kahraba’ via a press conference, after the player completed his switch from Zamalek.
Following his clash with the Zamalek coaching staff in his side’s 0-0 Cairo Derby draw against Al Ahly, an investigation into the issue was opened, before the Saudi giants reached an agreement with Zamalek to secure Kahraba’s services on a season-long loan.
Kahraba has passed his medical before being presented for the first time as an Ittihad player in a press conference, and was given the number 10 shirt to wear next season.
“I’m very proud to be at Ittihad Jeddah; the club’s name and reputation are what motivated me to sign. I used to follow their important games and have always been a fan of club legend Mohamed Nour,” Kahraba said.
“I don’t have any disputes with Zamalek coach Mohamed Helmy- this isn’t the reason for my departure. I signed for Ittihad willingly; it was my choice to join the club,” he added.
“I will try to do my best to help the club win every trophy next season.
“I don’t consider my time at Switzerland as a failure; I left as the team’s top scorer with seven goals despite not playing regularly,” he explained.