Scottish outfit Kilmarnock have turned down a bid from African giants Zamalek...
- EXCLUSIVE: Kilmarnock turn down Zamalek bid for Souleymane Coulibaly
- AFCON Roundup: Guinea Bissau denied historic win
- OFFICIAL: Ghana’s Baba Rahman out of Africa Cup of Nations
- African legend Essam El-Hadary sets sights on 2018 FIFA World Cup
- Hosts Gabon suffer injury setback ahead of Cameroon clash
- Maqassa sign Wadi Degla’s Ragab Nabil
- OFFICIAL: Al Ahly target Ebenezer Assifuah joins Le Havre
- Grant: Happy for the three points, Ghana can do better
- Uganda coach Micho blames ‘stage fright’ for Ghana defeat
- Thievy Bifouma joins Turkey’s Osmanlispor
OFFICIAL: Marwan Mohsen joins Al Ahly from Ismaily
The former Ismaily forward has seemingly impressed Al Ahly’s coach Martin Jol; having been directly involved in 22 goals this past season with El Daraweesh; 14 goals and 8 assists.
Ismaily’s chairman Mohamed Abou El-Soud revealed last week that the Cairo giants had offered 10 million EGP to get the services of the former Gil Vicente player.
The Egyptian champions are hoping that Mohsen will be a suitable replacement for Gabon forward Malick Evouna, who moved to China for a record $8 million transfer fee.
Marwan Mohsen was previously on Al Ahly’s radar when he was playing for Petrojet; however, Portuguese outfit Gil Vicente managed to sign him in 2014, where he did not score any goals in 20 league matches.
He represented Egypt with the Olympic and senior national teams; netting thrice in ten appearances for the Pharaohs.
Mohsen was one of two starting forwards in KingFut’s Team of the Season following an impressive season with El Daraweesh.