The FIFA Ethics committee has announced bans on various African football officials at both...
- FIFA announces bans on various African football officials
- Trezeguet’s Royal Mouscron appoint Mircea Rednic as manager
- Yannick Bolasie sidelined for a year after suffering knee injury
- VIDEO: Late Samir goal sees Ahly defeat Smouha
- Aswan hold Zamalek to third goalless draw this season
- Mido: Ibrahimovic and I almost killed each other
- Mido: I should’ve stayed at Marseille longer
- Ghaly, Antwi excluded as Hossam El-Badry announces squad vs Smouha
- Mortada Mansour: Zamalek have decided against forfeiting the league
- Soliman: Sundowns are the best African club I’ve seen
Anderlecht manager: Trezeguet is a special player
RSC Anderlecht’s new manager René Weiler has praised Egyptian youngster Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ in the light of his recent form.
After making his move to Belgian side Anderlecht permanent in May, and despite playing a limited number of minutes, Trezeguet has impressed with Les Mauves after scoring four goals so far in the 2016-2017 pre-season. Weiler was ready to praise the 21-year-old following Anderlecht’s 3-1 win over Dutch side Heerenveen.
Speaking of his attitude on the field, the Swiss manager said, “He always plays with an appetite and he always gives one hundred percent.”
“He is still young, but when he has the ball, you immediately see that he has something special,” he continued.
The 42-year-old manager also believes that there is still room for improvement and that certain aspects of Trezeguet’s game needs improvement.
“He scored again, as he has already scored in almost every match he has played. But this game [football] is also tactical, and he needs to learn that and adapt.”
Trezeguet might enjoy UEFA Champions League football if Anderlecht manage to qualify. Anderlecht will face Rostov in the third qualifying round on the 26th of July.