KingFut rounds up group stage matches of the 2017 Africa Cup of...
- AFCON Roundup: Ivory Coast draw as Morocco beat Togo
- Egypt did not play badly against Mali, says coach Hector Cuper
- Egypt lose to Sweden, face Croatia in World Handball Championship last 16
- Avram Grant demands injured players’ replacement in AFCON
- Zamalek reject Torino’s offer for Mostafa Fathi
- Malang Diédhiou appointed as referee for Egypt-Uganda game
- Roma cruise past Sampdoria to reach quarter-finals
- Elmohamady: Uganda’s match is very important
- EXCLUSIVE: Union Española turn down Zamalek bid for Carlos Salom
- Burkina Faso duo Pitroipa, Zongo to miss rest of AFCON
Anderlecht manager: Trezeguet is a special player
RSC Anderlecht’s new manager René Weiler has praised Egyptian youngster Mahmoud Hassan ‘Trezeguet’ in the light of his recent form.
After making his move to Belgian side Anderlecht permanent in May, and despite playing a limited number of minutes, Trezeguet has impressed with Les Mauves after scoring four goals so far in the 2016-2017 pre-season. Weiler was ready to praise the 21-year-old following Anderlecht’s 3-1 win over Dutch side Heerenveen.
Speaking of his attitude on the field, the Swiss manager said, “He always plays with an appetite and he always gives one hundred percent.”
“He is still young, but when he has the ball, you immediately see that he has something special,” he continued.
The 42-year-old manager also believes that there is still room for improvement and that certain aspects of Trezeguet’s game needs improvement.
“He scored again, as he has already scored in almost every match he has played. But this game [football] is also tactical, and he needs to learn that and adapt.”
Trezeguet might enjoy UEFA Champions League football if Anderlecht manage to qualify. Anderlecht will face Rostov in the third qualifying round on the 26th of July.