Egypt’s Mohamed Safwat was knocked out of Dubai Tennis Championships from the first...
- Monfils eliminates Safwat from Dubai Tennis Championships
- Ahmed Elmohamady: Everything has changed at Hull City
- Al Ahly announce stadium for Bidvest Wits clash
- VIDEO: Holders Zamalek advance to Egypt Cup quarters
- SQUASH: El-Shorbagy brothers to meet in Windy City quarter-finals
- Mohamed Elneny starts recovering from his injury
- CAF announce referees for Al Ahly and Zamalek Champions League encounters
- Egypt-owned Lierse fail to reach promotion playoffs
- Nainggolan double helps Roma beat Inter 3-1 at the Giuseppe Meazza
- Ramadan Sobhi starts in Stoke’s heavy defeat to Tottenham
Ghazal captains Nacional in 3-2 victory over Sporting B
Egyptian defender Aly Ghazal has captained Nacional in their second consecutive friendly win as they defeated Sporting B 3-2 on Thursday.
Nacional played a goalless draw with second division Uniao da Madeira in their first friendly on July 16, before beating Estoril 2-1, in a match that witnessed three penalties.
Sporting opened the scoring in the 21st minute as they capitalised on a defensive error from Nacional.
Nacional manager Manuel Machado made 11 substitutions during half time, yet Sporting managed to double their lead two minutes into the second half.
Ghazal’s side produced a second half comeback as they reduced the deficit in the 59th minute, before levelling the score one minute later.
Thirteen minutes to full time, Nacional took the lead for the first time after taking advantage of the keeper’s error, as the game ended in a 3-2 victory for Nacional.
Nacional are gearing up for the new season, where they are set to face Chaves in the league opening on August 14.