Group A matches have finally come to closure and it has seen...
- AFCON Round-up: Hosts and debutants eliminated
- Reactions to Egypt’s victory over Uganda in AFCON
- EXCLUSIVE | Agent confirms Aly Ghazal move to China in ‘final stages’
- AFCON: How Egypt can qualify for the knockout rounds
- Sulley Muntari joins Italy’s Pescara
- Smouha chairman announces Hossam Paulo departure to Zamalek
- Egypt boss Hector Cuper discusses strategy against Uganda
- Sam Morsy scores as Wigan edge Brentford
- El-Said: Egypt’s victory more important than my goal
- Essam El-Hadary: Result more important than performance
Ghazal captains Nacional in 3-2 victory over Sporting B
Egyptian defender Aly Ghazal has captained Nacional in their second consecutive friendly win as they defeated Sporting B 3-2 on Thursday.
Nacional played a goalless draw with second division Uniao da Madeira in their first friendly on July 16, before beating Estoril 2-1, in a match that witnessed three penalties.
Sporting opened the scoring in the 21st minute as they capitalised on a defensive error from Nacional.
Nacional manager Manuel Machado made 11 substitutions during half time, yet Sporting managed to double their lead two minutes into the second half.
Ghazal’s side produced a second half comeback as they reduced the deficit in the 59th minute, before levelling the score one minute later.
Thirteen minutes to full time, Nacional took the lead for the first time after taking advantage of the keeper’s error, as the game ended in a 3-2 victory for Nacional.
Nacional are gearing up for the new season, where they are set to face Chaves in the league opening on August 14.